New Linear Audio publication!

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Question to you guys:

As I did when V1 came out, I want to place one V1 article on-line now that V2 is out.

I have my personal preference, but which one would you recommend to place on-line?
It should be an article that has most value for most people.

jan didden

Hi Jan

In my opinion the most interesting articles would be:

Samuel Groener: A New Amplifier Topology with Push-Pull Transimpedance Stage

Kendall Castor-Perry: The Class i output stage

Cheers
Stein

Someone, somewhere surely has a sensible physical explanation for what is going on?

Several hypotheses. If Doug would send me the caps...

First question I'd ask is, what was the moisture content of the film at beginning and at equilibrium (PET is slightly hygroscopic, much more so than PP, PS, or PTFE)? Second question is what catalyst system was used to polymerize the monomers?

The high temp superconductor processes are, in fact, referred to as Shake-n-Bake.

Polymers are often quite different than the textbook pictures- cross-links, catalyst residues, discrete regions of crystalline and amorphous, additives, oxidized bits... Of course, that nonideality has been what's kept me in food and rent for the past 40 years.

Jan
which one would you recommend to place on-line?
It should be an article that has most value for most people.

It should be an article that make people willing to read all the articles, which means to get the magazines.
By the way, I would prefer slightly larger characters and figures, if possible.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
2nd : Mr Popa's article (the Synical guy deserves some credit here. That, and it's Phono, for crying out loud)

Yes, Ovidiu's article is very highly regarded, as are his designs on his website.
He gets kudos from no one less than Burkhard Vogel, see the letters at linear audio on-line resources.
BTW, I have a pre-publishing copy of Vogels newest edition of The Sound of Silence and indeed, it does silence you! Will be reviewed in the next Linear Audio.

jan

Yes, Ovidiu's article is very highly regarded, as are his designs on his website.
He gets kudos from no one less than Burkhard Vogel, see the letters at linear audio on-line resources.
BTW, I have a pre-publishing copy of Vogels newest edition of The Sound of Silence and indeed, it does silence you! Will be reviewed in the next Linear Audio.

jan

Had wondered yesterday, if any of Burkhard's circuitry could be used to lower the output impedance of Scott's part one microphone amplifier. Look forward to hearing more from both guys.

from google books . . .

Attachments

• google books Vogel p93.png
    google books Vogel p93.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 275
Vogels newest edition

Some 400 pages more for less than the €110 the 1st edition cost me 3 years ago, yikes, already more than enough to silence me. :clown:

(oldy by now, but valve lovers with a calculous streak should take a look at Mr Vogel´s book on triodes, a compilation of various stages with all relevant equations, nearly 300 pages of math, plus the usual 10% references and content pages)

Last edited: