• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Jonners. These are good news.

cdsgames has to report this to his design team.

It seems there is an issue with Kali running as master-clock and
the latest Piano21 driver.

Bottom line.

My above proposals pretty much reflect the workarounds to get along
with the Piano21 under Moode for the time being.

1. Avoid the Moode GUI and set the new dual modes manually via ssh
2. Turn off Kali as clockmaster.

Let's wait for Allo to come back on the master-clock issue. (@cdsgames - u are watching - aren't u? )

I think I do hear a difference - better clarity and separation with Kali-Master setting in Moode 3.8.1.
Any news from Allo?

Are u just using a Piano 2.1 on top of Kali or is there an isolator board in the mix?

Also, please verify that boot/config.txt contains:

dtoverlay=allo-piano-dac-plus-pcm512x-audio,glb_mclk

-Tim

Last edited:
Yep. They can't reproduce it.
Both clock-modes work fine with all samplerates.

So.

Did anything change with Moode 3.8.1? Tim had an issue on that glb_mclk
configuration.
Did you try - beside doing a reboot - to powerdown/powerup after the clock configuration change?

1. The driver options now work as they should to change clock mode.

2.I just tried complete power down/up but same result: 'mclk enabled' only plays at 352.8 and 384kHz with Kali in there.

Are u just using a Piano 2.1 on top of Kali or is there an isolator board in the mix?

Also, please verify that boot/config.txt contains:

dtoverlay=allo-piano-dac-plus-pcm512x-audio,glb_mclk

-Tim

I'm using the Iancanada Isolator. I removed it but no change: With mclk enabled I get sound only at 352.8 and 384kHz.
Yes, boot/config.txt is OK as above.

John

Hi John,

Is this happening only in the Adv kernels or does it also happen in Std kernel?

I'd like to ask Allo to test at their end using using moOde 3.8.1 and with the specific configuration that u are using that produces the issue.

You can also email me the output of System info which will contain the details of your config. Mail to tim at moodeaudio dot org.

-Tim

Also in dual mono if I use -6db gain, that only applies to the left set of outputs which results in 6db channel imbalance.

Can we add the two gain mixer settings for the right outputs as well?

Not a fan of the 0db setting on these 5xxx chips. Noticeable difference for the worse on every system I've tried 0db on.

Hi Tim,

This happens only with the Adv kernels.
I've emailed you the system config.
Many thanks.
John

Hi John,

Thx,

So to repro we need:

1) Piano 2.1
2) moOde 3.8.1
3) Adv kernels
4) Kali
5) glb_mclk Enabled

Correct?

If we take Kali and therefore glb_mclk out of the config then no problem. I run this config (1 - 3) and it works perfectly at all sample rates.

-Tim