New: Faital Pro 12RS430

@mp9 The height of the ring is just taller than the top of the surround, so it doesn't really cause any diffraction problems. IMO it is because you can place the driver face down indefinitely and it won't be damaged. As a result the shipping carton can just be an empty box having the same depth as the driver. For home audio drivers, in order to protect the surround (because it is proud of the frame) there is additional internal packaging material to keep the driver away from the carton on the surround side. This adds cost for the MFG.
foam ring appears twice the height of. the surround in the photo. If only for shipping protection, can the foam ring be cleanly removed from the basket when recessed frame surface mounting the driver?

Cost in Greece without VAT.

Attachments

• aaa.png
    aaa.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 210
Reactions: 1 users
It looks clean and voice coil inductance low, as the resonance peak makes impedance graph scale quite big ;) Le seems bigger than some other their 12" drivers for example checked the TS parameters. Well, remains to be seen how it performs. Price seems nice, most of their drivers are several hundred.

What is great about this driver other than price, xmax? what application you guys are thinking it is good for, two way speaker? Smaller box with Linkwitz transform since there is some xmax and power handling capability?

Tried box simulator and boxes get big, many 15" drivers would work in the same enclosure ( ~90 l for bass reflex, ~150 l for closed) and get similar low frequency response. I guess its more important how it works the midrange?

Last edited:
In a quick simulation it runs in 50L closed with fs of 60Hz. With some EQing it should go down to about 35Hz/-3dB which is great in normal listening rooms.
When it can use it's Xmax there is plenty of SPL at low frequencies with 250-300W amp. Frequency response looks perfect up to 6-700Hz and useable way higher.
Put 2 of them in 120L and build a big 3,5way speaker ... or cross over to a big 2" driver + horn.

Just ... Faital Pro has some gems but not always their dirvers meet the graphs ans specs in the datasheet. Let's hope that's a gem. :geek:

Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
It has not PA spec with its rubber hal-roll and more 91/92 dB seing the datasheet. Or it should be priced to purchase 2 units per channel...

Maybe 16 ohms permit some cool sided push-pull for vibration cancelation not crossed over too high to use a mid with better Le and efficienty to manage the bafle step . Could give a flat 93/95 db flat sensisivity perhaps . At 120 euros, ok, at 200 euros with no neodynium magnet, not for me ! And yes the front is ugly being still PA look (so can not be asked too much)

Should make a good OEM as well... While when I see some BMS...

Huh! Ok. Now I am confused too. Probably some insane Dutch import duty thing. That is an insane difference in price. Long live the EU...no borders no extra taxes inside the EU they said.
This! One pay the VAT in the purchased items country inside EU, not import taxes... Whatever the posted price differences, it's not because the EU policies...

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed tlhp yesterday to ask about the new FE330 to ask about the 19 weeks lead time, this is the response i got

"Thank you for your request,
This new loudspeaker was presented last week at the ISE show, we do not yet know the availability date and its price, however as soon as the availability is announced, the 10FE330 and the 12FE330 will be available online"

Shortly afterwards, the prices and lead time dissappeared for ALL new faital items.
I guess they decided to wait till they get better info about availability.