New complementary V-FET amp: Best from the past ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello mos57. US patent 4,467,285 was granted to inventor James C. Strickland who gave us the TNT-200 amplifier. Great read.

Are you showing a Class AB amp without global NFB?

Hello Antoniel, US patent 4,467,285 result assigned to Mr. Rinaldi as in the below attachment, but clearly you are referred to other circuit. Can you post a link?

I like circuit with no GNBF. Nice sound of tube amps, were showed that 2-3% of distortion is not a problem, meanwhile i have noticed that high levels of NFB compress the sound, the depth of the scene and the dynamics between the various instruments.

In addition, the greater extension of the extreme bandwidth is achieved at the expense of midrange that appears backward. In fact, given that the output level of the midrange is higher the result is a higher level of NFB in this range with particularly deleterious consequences.

The linearity I try to reach it by choosing linear components that operate in areas most linear. No other artifact. ;)

Attachments

• uspto 4,467,285.pdf
    429.5 KB · Views: 191
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.