• The Vendor's Bazaar forum is for commercial offers and transactions. Only unmoderated members can post here.

diyAudio provides this forum for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members. Use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cristi

Just to let you know that my amp arrived in DC, but I left the country beforehand.
Therefore I will not be able to run the tests here as described to you - my bad, I should have ordered it earlier.

I will test the amp upon my return and will let you know of any issues.

Have a great 2011!

That new one looks really interesting because of the 'on-board Mains IEC Power Connector'. That should make it and a TA3020 Audio Amplifier v3d basically plug and play.

I have read a good part of this thread but I still wondering...

TA3020 V4 or TA3020 V3D ? I'm confused

V4 seems "better" and more simple for beginner like me. But there is no options like changing caps or BIPS input...

In the other way V3D have BIPS, lots of options but I don't know which power supply to choose and if I will be able to "bypassing the rectifier bridge".

Anybody can advice between the two versions ? Which one may sound better ?

By the way, what the difference between AXXXSMPS and SMPSXXXR power supply ?

Denis,

for each module, and even for two modules, a single transformer is enough. for better performances i recommended to use separate supply for the driver stage and power stage, the driver stage should have with about 5-10 V more.

Gregbny,

the TA3020v4 has on-board power supply, but has less flexibility while chosing the options compared with v3d + SMPS800R for example.

for the power supplies, i considered to call them with letters and digits, the digits represents the nominal usable power for audio amplifier supply, and the letters designate the class. A are classic, hard-switched, R are resonant, soft-switched, and QR are quasi-resonant, a combination of the previous two classes.

thinking of building the 300W LME49810 Audio Amplifier. Do I really need two separate transformers with different voltages?
No.
Look at the datasheet for circuits that use one centre tapped transformer producing one dual polarity supply for the whole Power Amplifier.

300W, into what? a resistor or a speaker?
What impedance are you expecting to drive to 300W?

Am I right in understanding that all your Class T amps (the 2022, and all variants of the 3020 based ones) have been designed to have the heatsink mounted on the components? This means that I won't be able to put the heatsinks on the outside of a power-amp chassis and mount the amp modules on the heatsink from the inside.

Is there any way with these modules to mount them from inside and keep the heatsink exposed?

Strangely your Class D modules (the 892x ones) are all designed to allow them to sit on a heatsink from the inside, remaining hidden within the case. Am curious why you followed a different approach for the Class T ones?

Most of the Class T amplifiers which i made are, as you pointed out all with on-board or in-board if i can say so, heatsinks. i decided to make them so, because i wanted to have small and compact pcb, with short traces and improved layout. in most cases, the existig heatsinks are enough for cooling the transistors, even if the amplifier module is installed in to a case.
Moreover, the TA3020v3a and TA3020v3b still allows to be installed on a big, flat heatsink, if the electrolytic capacitors and connectors are soldered on the backside of the board. another solution is to use a heatslug, an intermediary piece of Al which will remove the heat from the power devices and spread out through heatsink.

Power supply questions

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]HI Cristi. I'm the person you replied to today (late) by email because my original email ended up in your spam bin. I replied by email, but just in case it too ends up in the spam bin I 'm posting here.

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] I have a ClassDAudio SDS-254 ([/FONT]http://classdaudio.com/sds-254.html[FONT=arial,sans-serif]) and it's being used in stereo mode (not bridged). Mains are 110v (US) and this amp can take 50v in.

Can this amp use two power supplies, one per channel?

If so, I ldo I get:

1) two SMPS500R
2) two SMPS500R-Single
3) would two SMPS800R be overkill for this amp board?[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]
If not, which of the above should I get should I get one of?

Thanks.
[/FONT]

Hi J,
The power supply requirement for the SDS-254 Amplifier is from +-40V to +-50V DC. so, the first choice, SMPS500R is suitable, one power supply for one amplifier module. To use a SMPS800R is justified if you want to get the maximum power with any load accepted by the amp, or if you gonna use the amp in BTL mode as well. another advantage of the SMPS800R instead of the SMPS500R would be the lower overall height, which will allow to fit the amp and power supply into a 1RU case, or a custom made case, with overall size of about 10x6x1.8 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.