• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Aspen 125W Amplifier - The Titan

I have some pride to put up the careful analysis of the Titan by Damian Ware, a very clever EE I met after my presentation of the Titan in the Melbourne Audio Club on 17th August. He offered to test the Titan exhaustively, and here are the results.

Cheers,

Hugh

Attachments

• TITAN 125 POWER AMPLIFIER PROTOTYPE MEASUREMENTS.doc
    1.7 MB · Views: 417
Reactions: 1 user
I have some pride to put up the careful analysis of the Titan by Damian Ware, a very clever EE I met after my presentation of the Titan in the Melbourne Audio Club on 17th August. He offered to test the Titan exhaustively, and here are the results.

Cheers,

Hugh
Hi Hugh,

I'm delighted to read that the Titan has been so well received. I also checked the Aspen website this morning (last time was months ago) and was very pleased to see that Its being updated.

Best regards to you and your family for Christmas and the New Year and beyond. I'm limited in how far I travel these days, so I can't wish you the best in person, but I do wish you all well.

Peter Roberts

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for your email - my cost for TWO modules is $AUD1900 the pair, plus the shipping, which I would estimate at around $125 but could correct after the shipping is complete through rebate should it be cheaper via some other payment.
I will email you tomorrow with more information, and thank you for your interest in the Titan.

Many thanks, Raj, much appreciated at your reply, you are 'Our Man in India'!

Hugh

Folks,

I have been very quiet in the last six months, but very busy.
I now have produced another batch of Titans (the last went quickly) and I have 30 more now in stock for immediate sale.
As many realise, supply lines and inflation have been big issues; some components are short in supply, and getting very expensive.
I have had to increase my cost for a pair of Titans, with heatsinks, ready to drop into a case with your 2x35ac 300VA transformer for use, to $AUD2250 (still under $USD1500) and I can honestly say these are stunning amplifiers, with superb clarity. powerful bass, and absolutely no intermodulation.

Cheers,

Hugh

Reactions: 5 users
Problems at home: https://aksaonline.com/

aksaonline-host.png

Yes, Vern, I remember you well, you were a huge fellow and gave me a bear hug in that tiny, busy hotel room back in 2007!
We also discussed 'Killdozer', one of the seminal SF stories one machine man loves to chat with another machine man........
How are the Nirvana+ and Lifeforce coming along? Ready for the next amp, Vern?

A lot of water under the bridge from that meeting...... I'm 72 now, a bit knocked around like most of this age, but still kicking!

Good health and prosperity to you Vern, you really left your impression on me!

Cheers,

Hugh