New Aleph-X PCB group order...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in for 5, then I can make 2 2-chanel amps and mess one up :). If I don't mess one up I can make someone happy with it or make a mono block :).

When the payment instructions come up? Also instructions how you make clear where it needs to be send to? Wasn¡¦t that about end November?

Well, I'll wait for the moment. I'm so exited about making my own amp! Meanwhile I have some time to find out what I need to know more and have to make for my own (power supply and witch fets I will be needing and things like that), I have never build an amp before...

I received an interesting offer....
Could be interesting for Alep_X PCB's

Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 13:28:13 -0700
To: aldupon@sympatico.ca
Subject: 1/2 PCBs
Reply-To: Forrest Arndt <Forrest@4pcb.com>

Half-priced printed circuit boards!

Alain,

Order 25 or more of your part number and get an equal quantity at HALF PRICE!

Your second delivery can be scheduled up to 90 days out.

Details: http://www.4pcb.com/halfprice.htm

Hurry -- you must lock in your savings by December 31st!

Thank you for your business in 2003!

Sincerely,
Forrest
Regional Manager
Advanced Circuits
1-800-289-1724 x306

With all respect to wuffwuff and the work he did on that spreadsheet, some of his calculations seem inaccurate. They conflict with the calculations I've been given by another respected member. I have provided the alternative spreadsheet as a comparison. Which is better?

Attachments

• x berekening-nania v3 a.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 122
I added 10 on the wiki.
I want to use 6 channels for my 4 way active system, and one for my brother and 2 spare (bad experiences tell me to get extras...).
For my 2 Servodrive Basstec 7's I want to build a clean X.
I have a 7 kva trafo for that project :cool:
I'm hoping I can use my started but never finished A-75's for that. Have complete output stages with 20 x2 IRF630 + 20 X 2 IRF9630 for each monoblock mounted on water cooling fins :devilr:
I wont be needing that much power on the rest of the system since I have 107dB/1W/1m horn system. A 2 way DIY version of Servodrives Unity covering 400 to 20 000 Hz. The only part not hornloaded is the midbass, but I want to hornload that to.

As for paying isn't paypal the best way??? Cost nothing and is as secure as it can be. And no paperwork needed either, everything is handled on web, and it is a sure way of confirming things since you can attach a message to it specifying all details needed.

Sorry about some of you not being able to use that due to your country not listed in paypal's accepted list.....:sorry:

Hello Chad, and other members.

First off, I would like to thank Chad for his work and the great opportunity he is providing us.

I just put an order of 4 boards on wiki page, hope to be still in time.

I'd like to know how are you going to wire gain and source devices. Did someone design a pcb for gain and current source devices yet ?

Thanks,
Loris

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
What worries me is that this order has gone way beyond what any one person can easily handle. Is there a way to split up the labor on this sort of order? Different people distribute to perhaps different areas?

Mark
Hi Mark,

This was approximately the size of the first board sale that Chad held last year. He had assistance from Carpenter and Grataku. This time he has three volunteers on the WIKI page and a few from Europe said they would help. Chad's a pro at this by now,... well, at least he knows what he's in for.

kilowattski said:
Is there any word on how or when we pay for them yet?

Just keep our finger cross. Maybe Chad is looking for a :xmastree: for his new apartment.

The count is now 702 boards.
Who's in charge counting the boards ordered? I am afraid someone put their name and qty of boards in the list, but fogot updating the total count.

I am glad that this thread is still active cause I thought everybody forgot about ordering AlephX boards.

BTW, have a merry christmas :hohoho:
God bless you all!

Cheers,

Whoa, what a week!

Sorry for the long silence folks. This past week has been a real whirlwind for me... apart from some fun importing my car to Canada, and a serious cough / headcold the last three days, the move went well, but I'm still without proper internet access at home. Hopefully I'll have the new apartment hooked up soon and we can get down to business! Until then, I have to rely on friends and internet cafe's, so stay tuned, and I'll post those payment details as soon as I'm ready.

Happy holidays everyone! :)

some more stuff before I forget...

Before I post payment details, please take this time to get in contact with other members ordering from your country. This is why I asked for people to list their country on the wiki sign-up. You may contact other members from your country to arrange a combined payment and/or shipment to your country, which could save you some money and will certainly be more convenient for me (fewer payments and shipments to deal with ;) ). I don't have the resources to do this organizing, so please contact amongst yourselves if you wish to arrange a single payment and/or shipment for your geographic area.

As far as payment methods go, I prefer PayPal, but will be accepting money orders (eg. Bidpay, post office, etc.), and personal cheques from US banks. Western Union is pretty much a last resort, but works well for countries with limited options. Of course, you can also send cash, but I really don't recommend it! I will not be responsible for cash which goes missing in the mail. I will NOT be accepting any wire transfers - they are far too slow and expensive in N. America.

OK, that's all for now, I think...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.