Need to replace NEC VFD FC20X2JA-AA

Well, a digital analog converter wouldn't have a variable frequency motor drive, but I think that is what you are asking for. Look at this link to farnell UK SIEMENS|6SL3211-0AB12-5UA1|INVERTER, UNFILTERED, 0.25KW | Farnell United Kingdom they also operate in the far east. That is a .25 kw drive, about as small as you can buy. Interfacing would be up to you. Usually VFD drives have a 0-10v analog input for variable speed. Else they can take a digital input through their front panel for a fixed speed, ramp up time, slow down time, etc. Omron, Japanese company, also makes VFD's in the .25 kw range.

Well, a digital analog converter wouldn't have a variable frequency motor drive, but I think that is what you are asking for. Look at this link to farnell UK SIEMENS|6SL3211-0AB12-5UA1|INVERTER, UNFILTERED, 0.25KW | Farnell United Kingdom they also operate in the far east. That is a .25 kw drive, about as small as you can buy. Interfacing would be up to you. Usually VFD drives have a 0-10v analog input for variable speed. Else they can take a digital input through their front panel for a fixed speed, ramp up time, slow down time, etc. Omron, Japanese company, also makes VFD's in the .25 kw range.

Thank you verymuch for your help indianajo.

May be I did not describe my problem clearly. Actually, that is a display on my DAC. It look like attached files. I want to get Vacuum Fluorescent Display separately or with controller circuit included.

Please help.

Thank you verymuch.

PhanTran

Attachments

• Copy of NEC VFD.jpg
    Copy of NEC VFD.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 129
  • fm20x2kb_vor.jpg
    fm20x2kb_vor.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 125
Vacuum Flourescent displays

Oh, that is really old technology. I fished some single line displays like that made in USA by Dico out of the trash at work in about 1985. Your best bet is to buy another DAC like yours, and hope a different part is broken. What is a DAC, digital audio cassette? That whole format never made it here to the middle. If it was ever sold in the US, it was on the coasts.

That is Wadia DAC series 9, it is very difficult to buy a damaged DAC 9 in my country. If you found one, pls let me know, I really need this.

Btw, do you know how to edit title of this topic. I want to make it more clear so may be other members can help.

Thank you
Hi,

12 years later…, could you finally find the replacement? Do you still have the Wadia 9?

Regards,
Karl

One of the references that comes up when I search on that part number is the documentation for LCDproc. It reveals that other VFD displays used the same interface chip (NEC FIPC8367), so maybe some of those would substitute. I found an FM20X2KB on ebay, but not cheap. Or program an Arduino to emulate that interface and drive a currently available display (LCD, LED, OLED). The documentation for the interface chip must be out there somewhere.