Need some advice and modify and understanding a plate amp mod question.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, and thank you. I have a ht in a box subwoofer by what orginally appeared to be a white van productuct but upon opening and further inspection I've discovered quality parts. Well I'm new to diy but have a strong technical background and would like to build a powered home sub from perhaps spare components or parts I can acquire cheap.

My question is this. I have a 5.1 subwoofer, with a toroidial transformer and solid construction missing original subwoofer. Can I modify the 5 channels of the amp and add their output power to make one powerful sub amp as I have no use for so many channels. I also aquired a passive sub from bic America with a nice xover and what appears to be dual voice.coil. how would I figure out the value of the xover, and should I implement it? Any ideas? Thank you

Attachments

• 20191201_175133.jpg
    20191201_175133.jpg
    934.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 20191201_175153.jpg
    20191201_175153.jpg
    909 KB · Views: 56
further inspection I've discovered quality parts.

Looks like junk parts to me.

Can I modify the 5 channels of the amp and add their output power to make one powerful sub amp as I have no use for so many channels.

No.

passive sub from bic America with a xover, how would I figure out the value of the xover

you mean the crossover frequency ?
rough guide, plug the dcr of the driver and the component values into an online crossover calculator.
it wont be technically correct but should give you a ballpark figure.

Can I modify the 5 channels of the amp and add their output power to make one powerful sub amp as I have no use for so many channels.

So you cannot combine the 5 satellite channels into one more powerful channel for a subwoofer?

English is obviously not your native language.
Maybe this link will help clarify my previous answer.

but have a strong technical background

Really ? In what field ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.