• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Need schematic Chinese 6N1 6P3P showing voltages

This amplifier is not working anymore. Its the 110 v version. I have a schematic,I tested the power transformer and the voltages are ok. I need a schematic showing the voltages throughout the circuit. This will help in narrowing down the problem components. There is no sound at all from both channels. See update further in this discussion. There is in fact a faint sound

Last edited:
Hi Jeff , this is the schematic that I used.
Thanks for your response. FYI . I have a variac

Attachments

• new 6n1+6p3p asm.jpg
    new 6n1+6p3p asm.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 108
So it worked but does not any more ? Did you change anything ?
It is in both channels, so it is supply related - I guess you checked
all tubes light up. Of course the power amp should be connected,
switched on, working and speakers connected properly.
I'll do another run and see what gives . I'm sure I had an input playing with speakers hooked up . I'll observe and report back. By the way is it normal to have continuity between the speaker terminals with no speaker hooked up?

Are all the tubes lighting up?
Yes, all tubes light up. A bit of an update. There is sound. The source cd is turned at full output and the volume control on the amplifier is all the way up and I can hear faint sound ( music) from both speakers . My ears are literally next to the speaker and it sounds a wee bit distorted. The sound reduces with the volume control when turned down. I rolled tubes , the rectifier, input and output tubes which are 6L6s and still the same faint sound. I did not operate long enough see if there was any red plating. All tubes for rolling were used previously and worked.