Need 250 to 350W into 4R

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need about 250W to 350W in 4R mono to power my subwoofer. I am running it with a P3A (about 120W into 4R) and it sounds pretty good, but i need more power when i have built my Linkwitz Transform circuit to take the sub down to 28Hz (-3 dB).

Since it is just for Bass duty, i'm not that concerned about getting 0,000000000001% THD or perfect audiophile sound quality (although i do want that for the rest of my system obviously) and would like suggestions of a DIY amp which is quite easy to build, concidering that my abilities are at the P3A level.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks all.

Gareth

Hi!

Why don't you make the 300W Subwoofer Power Amplifier from Rod Elliot's site?
As you make the P3A, the Project 68 will be no difficult to make, as the basic design is the same.

Read all the text with attention. Use the extra 4 transistors for having no heating problems when getting LOUD!!

Regards,

Pedro Martins

Thanks

Well thanks for that. I have actually already designed PCB's for the P68, and i was just wondering if there was maybe anything else out there.

By the way, will MJ15003/4 output transistors work for the driver and output stage? I cannot get the 2SC5200 or 2SA1943 or the MJL21193/4.

Heatsinks in SA

Hi Gareth,
I have access to alluminum extrusions, and one in particular suitable for P68, however they only sell it in 6 metre lengths. Please reply to the Email I sent and we can discuss possibly buying a length and sharing the cost.
Where in RSA are you?

DieterD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.