Ncore diy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I find the standard connector solution on pascal modules genius, as it allows you to buy a quality amp and supply from pascal and an input or dsp board with external connectors from another vendor (the accuton dsp module is one example)

A bit of topic but some people might not have seen these audaphon AMP-2500 and AMP-4250 plate amps based on pascal
Strassacker: Loudspeakers for your car - Cabinets - DIY

That is a lot of power and channels for the money IMHO

yeap, fine amp chassis but a lot of things you have to like and take as is, eg. frequency divider and dsp integrated.....

the pictures of both seem identical (amp S-Pro2)... may be a flaw by Strassacker.... I don´t think a S-Pro2 can make up four ch with 4x250W,
which Pascal module does provide that sort of a 4ch design ??

I would like the amp module alone ... the IMG STA1000D with one S-Pro2 module come in new for some 380,- Euro´s here in Germany.... maybe one should take these and rip the amp module out of it.... input circuitry could be made by a minidsp 2x4 balanced unit (47Kohm input) for an actice two-way system .... or by one of these for a one/two-channel amp solution.... "Funk Tonstudio-Technik" in Berlin has real good input circuits on very fair prices... some of these ultra-linear beasts provide input res. of > 1 Mohms to support the sources at best

Symmetrierverst?rker-Module

ok, I found it, my mistake. But the pics of the Audaphon 4250 Amp does show amp modules of : Pascal 1x S-PRO2 plus 1x S-A1/2 Extension Module....

now the specs given by Pascal for this overall configuration says this should be a total output of 4x500W (490) @ 4Ohms, not 4x250 ....

http://www.pascal-audio.com/downloads/S-PRO2_Datasheet-1_20.pdf
http://www.pascal-audio.com/downloads/S-A_Datasheet-1_20.pdf

what could be wrong here.... well, if the design-description....the prics.... of that amp 4250 is correct.... and the Strassacker description is wrong....or incomplete... that would be a bargain... maybe they have reduced the amp gains.... but that could be corrected :)):D

but why would anyone do that.... btw.... I coudn´t not find anything on the web for that amp except from Strassacker.... no homepage of Audaphon... does anyone have better info on that maker... ?? .... maybe a Strassacker brand....?

Last edited:
yeap, fine amp chassis but a lot of things you have to like and take as is, eg. frequency divider and dsp integrated.....

the pictures of both seem identical (amp S-Pro2)... may be a flaw by Strassacker.... I don´t think a S-Pro2 can make up four ch with 4x250W,
which Pascal module does provide that sort of a 4ch design ??

I would like the amp module alone ... the IMG STA1000D with one S-Pro2 module come in new for some 380,- Euro´s here in Germany.... maybe one should take these and rip the amp module out of it.... input circuitry could be made by a minidsp 2x4 balanced unit (47Kohm input) for an actice two-way system .... or by one of these for a one/two-channel amp solution.... "Funk Tonstudio-Technik" in Berlin has real good input circuits on very fair prices... some of these ultra-linear beasts provide input res. of > 1 Mohms to support the sources at best

Symmetrierverst?rker-Module

You can get the STA2000D with two modules for 649 €. That is good value. I have two STA1000D that I found very cheap, and almost new. Cabling inside are very good. Not messy as you can see with the hypex versions in this thread.

great, what sort active of speakers and chassis are you driving with them ?

They drive open baffles with four 10" OEM Vifa woofers, and one Mark Audio CHR70 (overkill I know) times two for stereo :)

Inside the amp

Attachments

• STA-1000Dfrontpanel.jpg
    STA-1000Dfrontpanel.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 574
  • STA-1000Dinputmodule.jpg
    STA-1000Dinputmodule.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 573
  • STA-1000Dopen.jpg
    STA-1000Dopen.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 572
  • STA-1000Dspeakerconnection.jpg
    STA-1000Dspeakerconnection.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 573
They drive open baffles with four 10" OEM Vifa woofers, and one Mark Audio CHR70 (overkill I know) times two for stereo :)

Inside the amp

hi mate, thx for the pics.... nothing to complain reg that amp design... these are made fine

did you mod the input stage ? (have you seen the link I posted before on Funk Tonstudiotechnik´s input stage modules ?)

well, thats a fine setup of speakers.... I guess the Pascals run them well....

what I would like to set up as a DIY project is a 7.1 System...
mains/Stereo L/R maybe as active two-way sets (70hz-20KHZ++) made of Morels EW636 16cm Polymers (neodym magn) and Morel CAT tweeters (both of these chassis are 8Ohms and handle up to 250W-DIN and 1000W/10ms!) in sealed enclosures, as flat and wide as possible (say hello to the Grimm LS1 ;-)), of about 15l.... so the Pascals could drive them well... I must admid that NC252 OEM´s would be first choice but its hard to get them reasonably priced.......... anyway, the actice freq. dividers may be mini-dsp 2x4 (balanced version).... they would be input stages as well, in case I take the modules out of the amp....

ok, then there shall be two active sub units (>70HZ), each made of 1x 12" Scan Speak SW´s chassis with black anodized Alu Cone of 4 Ohm (I don´t have the part no. at hand) in down-fire position plus 1x the according 12" passive Radiators of that maker, vertically positioned, in sealed enclosures of about 60l, also powered by 1x Pascal S-PRO2 in parallel mode (this could be a STA-1000D as is)

2x front high´s and 2x back high´s plus a parallel pair as centers with FR Tang Band W5-xxyy (not decided which one, the 2106 seems fine for that).... as open baffle design, powered by a six or eight channel amp (not decided which one)

all sourced by a combo of a Pioneer SC-XY AV Receiver with 7.1 RCA pre-out, for decoding and pre-amplification, directly feeding a mini-dsp 8x8 DIRAC unit for active room correction and EQ..... these provide 8x balanced out´s to feed the active units.....

ambitious, I know....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.