Nano-Trynergy - a Compact Tractrix RAAL Ribbon Point-Source Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The ribbon is 20mm wide and the ribbon tweeter aperture is 43mm wide with a a sawtooth edge. The ribbon is set back from the aperture grille by about 10mm. If I made the throat only 20mm wide, there would surely be reflections from the back wall of the throat obstructing the aperture. Hence I made the throat the same width as the aperture. But maybe what is needed is a throat that immediately expands. That is not a tractrix but simple flat wall horn.

This is not the same tweeter but the aperture and ribbon difference is similar.
Raal "Original 140-15D" Ribbon Tweeter with Amorphous Core

I as thinking about Beyma's horn for TPL: straight walls, 80x30deg, and provides some gain and good directivity up to a certain point. I wonder if extending such a horn (making it wider/higher) would provide enough gain for the midranges in a synergy configuration?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yes, you mean like this? The TPL150 in straight wall horn works great. The problem is getting the mid injection port to go high enough to cross. The Heil seems to have the advantage here in going down to 600Hz even.

Attachments

• 27C922F3-4D6F-4194-AB87-D4EEC079A22E.jpeg
    27C922F3-4D6F-4194-AB87-D4EEC079A22E.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
Yes, you mean like this? The TPL150 in straight wall horn works great. The problem is getting the mid injection port to go high enough to cross. The Heil seems to have the advantage here in going down to 600Hz even.

Cool!! How wide was that horn? Got a link?
Interesting to see the plywood thickness and the sharp edges of the slots. Would have thought they would diffract significantly and would be rounded.
Would the smaller diameter 3FE22 help go higher enough to cross?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.