• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MyRef_C with Ultimate BOM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you,

I am hoping other builders will come up with the +5v PSU and select a 100k dual log pot.

I don't have the skills to design a PSU board.
Read again the LDR description to see a PSU I designed for the purpose.

In this file, look at the folder called LDR PSU regulator, inside LDR volume control folder. There you have a BOM with some recommended pots.
MyRef_C_Ultimate_Documentation_v1.1.rar

Tested the caps on my Lightspeed. At min position or max position with the LDRs sucking as much power as they can the time allowed was nearly nothing on both a 1000uf and a 12000uf cap. If you turn the volume just a small amount either way of max or min then we get about 4 seconds with 1000uf and about 9 seconds with 12000uf. I didnt use a stopwatch or anything, just counting in my head. At half volume the time with the 12000uf goes on and on and on, way more than we need. So I would say that maybe 2 1000uf should be great after the regulator and before the 100k dual log pot.
Uriah

22vac or 24vac.
Antek would be AN2222 or AN4222. They dont seem to have 24V til 600VA that would be suitable for this project. You could use the 600VA of course, but its way larger then you need.
Uriah

I emailed Antek and was told they have AN-2224 $29 each plus shipping.

I couldn't find it on their website so I called Maria at (201) 991-3300 and was told Antek modifies the
AN- 2225 to a 24v secondary and call it AN-2224.

Attachments

• AN-2225.pdf
    36.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Yes, unless your speakers are 4 Ohm.

The Nuvotem transformer suggested by Mauro is a 2x25V.

The 200VA Antek transformer is OK for a single monoblock, for a stereo configuration a bigger one is better (300VA)

Thank you, it was that extra volt I was concerned about, 25v will not cause an overvoltage condition on the rails?

One more question, is the Antek as good as the Avel brand? The Antek is $29 usd each plus shipping and the Avel is $41.61 usd

I think the topic of integrating the LDR into the MyRefC is adecuate in this thread, is part of the kit.
I am now fitting some caps around the regulator. I have found 2200uF 6.3v from a switching PSU I had from work. I may fit 4 of them, making around 8800uF.

25v will work. That is what I will be using, 250VA for two MyRef C

Is that 250va one transformer for both channels?

What brand transformer did you select?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.