My_Ref Fremen Edition - need help on PCB evaluation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
From one of Siva's earlier posts:
revc13a4_12x9.jpg

PCBs are here!!!

Finally PCBs arrived, I've attached some pictures.

Since this is my first PCBs order I'm not sure if I should be satisfied by the manifacturing quality...

All PCBs have been manually 'fixed' for etching problems, is it normal?

This Saturday I'll ship boards and parts (if requested) after a rapid electric check.

BTW I've just opened a new thread for the beta build.

Attachments

• IMG142 1024x768.jpg
    IMG142 1024x768.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG144 1024x768.jpg
    IMG144 1024x768.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
If they are only fixing the blue mask, then I would not be worried. If they are fixing the traces and pads, it would depend upon price. But did they gold plate the whole board or just the pads?

Quite all fixes are on pads/traces surrounded by the ground-plane.

All the copper surface is gold plated.

Price is the lowest I've found, BTW for the GB I'll use a different manifacturer, probably a local one.

Last edited:
You really need to increase the spacing between the tracks and the ground plane (copper pour) before you send these out for the next production run

While I do agree that more pouring could avoid problems I'm still not satisfied.

The PCBs were perfectly compliant with manifacturer's specifications.

TP boards have less spacing between pads/tracks and groundplane than mines... I've buyed them from both the GBs and they were always perfect...

The package arrived. I am going to wait till I am finished with the TP kit mods, then I will get to this. Going to be up against stiff competition. The main thing I would look forward to is the effects of LM318 power and the LM3886 grounding change.

Fantastic! :)

Taiwan's customs are blazing fast! :cool:

When you'll start please post your impressions on build and sound on the build thread. ;)

Got my package today. At close inspection I can"t see any problems with the through-hole metal on the few defects you pointed out. They feel quite durable and appear they will sustain parts swapping well during the beta/tuning process.

I'll be starting in the next few days.

Thanks Dario

Got my package today.

Good! :)

At close inspection I can"t see any problems with the through-hole metal on the few defects you pointed out. They feel quite durable and appear they will sustain parts swapping well during the beta/tuning process.

Yes, material seems first quality.

Sadly processing is not as good...

Maybe we should have invested some money in the electrical test...

I'll be starting in the next few days.

I can't wait for you impressions... post pictures and whataver you think on the build thread.

Use 200R where 270R is indicated and 50R where 68R is indicated.

If you hear harshness replace 1N53xx with BZX85 13V/15V

I'm using this values now and it sounds very very good.

If you should order them use these Mouser codes:

Fairchild 14V 1/2W zener (4):
512-1N5244B

Caddock MP915 50R (4):
684-MP915-50

Or KOA SPR1 47R (4):
660-SPR1LT52R470J

Thanks Dario

You're welcome :)

Last edited:
Got my package today. I got the post notice same time as Bob but had to work and could not pick-up until today.
To my untrained eye, the boards look fine. Including the solder with silver content and the 3 packages of SMD components along with the Elnas was thoughtful of you Dario. Thank you.

I have not ordered the BOM yet; I have a few questions that I will ask in the other thread. Lets build amps !

Got my package today.

Very good :)

Including the solder with silver content and the 3 packages of SMD components along with the Elnas was thoughtful of you Dario. Thank you.

You're welcome :)

That thin solder is indispensable, together with tacky flux for SMD.

I have not ordered the BOM yet; I have a few questions that I will ask in the other thread. Lets build amps !

I've shared the Mouser BOM.

After removing what is not needed add also 4 BZX85 13V, 4 100R resistors and 4 150R for the tests with the PS:

4x 78-BZX85B13-TAP
4x 660-MF1/2CC1500F
4x 660-MF1/2CC1000F
4x 660-SPR1LT52R470J

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.