My_Ref Fremen Edition - Beta build/Fine tuning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Alternate compensation?

Just putting in an order with Mouser but trying to watch the dollars so wonder if someone can me an idea if the alternate compensation (changing C10 & C34 values) is worthwhile.
Is it an unknown until the amp is built and swapping the caps or is it generally accepted that the alt comp "tweak" is a "no brainer".

Thanks

Is it an unknown until the amp is built and swapping the caps or is it generally accepted that the alt comp "tweak" is a "no brainer".

Hi Marcus1,

unless willing to experiment I suggest builders to choose one of the two compensations.

Rev C is the original one, works perfectly and sound great.

Alternate one proved to be stable and reliable in months of use (and abuse) for me and Bob and sounds better.

I suggest the alternate one.

5 partecipants so far received their boards and all extra boards have been shipped.

Please report when boards arrive (pictures are welcome too ;) )

My Boards arrived on Friday, they were in the office this morning when I arrived. Looking good!
I won't be able to start the build for a couple of weeks though (I have to find my bench again!)

Thanks Dario!

Dario,

I have notice that the package is at the post office in the next town. Because of the signature, I'll have to pick them up there (normal). Because of my business schedule, I won't get them until Friday or Saturday, but I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Jac

PS Bob, you were not alone. As usual, Michigan seems like the end of the earth sometimes. I noticed that Illinois got there boards earlier. Our Post Øffice of course.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.