My own Version of Mark Kelly's Speed Controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Algar has some documentation for his build somewhere.

This is all based on a design of mine which is now over six years old. I published it in Bas Horneman's now defunct online DIY mag, the 2006 issue 1

:cop: Compromised URL removed by Moderation

Towards the end of the issue there's a long and occasionally erroneous article from me with many motor drive designs in it, all of which have subsequently been greatly improved. The DC drive is towards the end. The information in there will help you understand what the circuit is doing, which will help with troubleshooting.

that was a great link! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Can someone clarify the necessity for the battery in this controller, is it mandatory or it might work without it as well. Reason for asking is a case that I have, it is perfect fit for the PCB with some extra space for connectors at the back. There is no room for the battery though. I checked batteries that are listed in relation to this controller and all of them (2.2AH) are way to large to fit inside the case..

Thank you in advance,
Marin

Thanks again Mark, I appreciate your help. However, I read all posts in this thread and did not find any working link to the original article. There are some urls in this and other similar threads but the file on the RapidShare is gone, as well as other, pointing to the hosting server with missing page.

Can you please point to the post with valid link so that I can read it? I am sure that there is much more valuable info than just a battery capacity/size B)

Thanks in advance!

Maxon Controller

Hi guys, have you ever tried to use a 5 inch old floppy disk motor and its controller? It has a very high torque, very precise speed, cost close to zero if you still find one. I have build one, i used a power supply from the PC for the controller's motor. The only short coming is that i was not able add the speed adjustnent on the circuit of the controller.

However is not my idea, i have read long time ago from Origany web site. They were using a smaller floppy disk motor.

Mine is driving a 4 Kg platter and reach speed immediately.

Best regards

Adelmo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.