• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

my first tube amp project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
well apart from the hum wich i today managed to reduce significantly it sounds preety good, i can now tell the difference from hq audio and mp3 and with my previous amp although i had more bass etc i listened to almost 100% mp3 and would not care, now i can hear more details and its a great pleasure.it was also super fun to build.
i have a 1yo kid but i keep the amp unplugged from the mains all the time and it is only on when i am listening, also it will be priority to fit a mesh or grill cover because of my cats not getting shocked of damaging the tubes. also the amp is stuck to the furniture with a product we have called "patafix" it is like plasticine but it sticks stuff and it is almost impossible to throw the amp to the ground but easy to remove it and the product is indefinetely reusable. it is used to stop tables and stuff from moving on the floor etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.