My first project ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello !

Happy new year everybody !!

I began to think about a new project but I don't find a lot of informations on the net...

- First, I want modify my actual stereo system : KEF Chorale + 2 Beyma 12BR70. I listen Classic, Jazz and Rock music.
So, I thought use these drivers :
2x Monacor SP-8/150PA
Monacor MRD-160 on a RCF H100 horn
and I would like install them in a MTM box...
I will join my new speakers with the 12BR70 at 120Hz (I use an activ xover Behringer CX2310)

- In second time, I will add surrounds speaker in the system to make a home-cinema.
Maybe I will make something like Klipsch RSxx ... with these drivers :
2x Monacor SP-6/100PA
2x Monacor MRD-160 on a B&C ME10 horn

What do you think about this config ?

I hope you will give nice technical answers ;)

@+, Olivier

Hi Olivier,

Not many here have much experience with Monacor I think,
but your proposed system seems OK, although it's a big step from your bookshelf Chorales to what amounts to a small PA system....

Looking at the Frequency response graphs, the only problem I can see is that the MRD-160 + horn rolls off above 10KHz - OK for PA, but for Hi-Fi you might prefer drivers with a more extended HF response?

Thanks for your answer PeteMcK !

Monacor is a famous brand in Europe, they are not high in the top of range like JBL and others but they have a lot of various drivers...
And this is because you don't know them in US, Australia (and others ) that I place datasheets in a post.

although it's a big step from your bookshelf Chorales to what amounts to a small PA system....

:D Oh !! YES ! I hope... This is near a PA system but I don't want a PA sound... I want something smoother ;) .

Looking at the Frequency response graphs, the only problem I can see is that the MRD-160 + horn rolls off above 10KHz - OK for PA, but for Hi-Fi you might prefer drivers with a more extended HF response?

I think it won't be a problem. Otherwise I could add a tweeter from 10Khz...
The MRD-160 need to be attenuate, so I will add a resistor in line and I think it will equalize the signal a little bit.

Olivier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.