My FaitalPro 3 way prototype

Hi Idarieut, Your build is very similar to mine. Nice woodwork there ! looks better than my MDF box. My Bass driver is similar to your Faital, its 15FH500. I tuned it to 40Hz but it still doesn't sound like there's a lot of bass. but the bass you can expect is clean, dynamic and quite detailed. I'm sure that 10"mid will also sound great once you can tame the resonances. What crossover frequency are you using for mid to Horn?

thank you!
Crossover is 200 and 1400, LR24.
I have added a 1dB gain on the bass, and I find it good enough. Tuning is around 35-40Hz as well.
I have added a global peq on both channels after a peq for each driver. Next step is going to be global fir filters instead and tweaking delays between drivers to aligne them.
Not to forget building the second speaker…
Actual setup is 6 hypex nc400, minidsp flex 8 and left final + right « prototype » speaker.
I can enjoy stereo after several months of mono!!

Reactions: 1 users
I have been able to put some work into the second speaker.
I have revised the build with a rectangular mid chamber, still around 21 liters.

Some pictures:

routing rabbets for the mid chamber and braces:
build1 - Copie.jpg

Glued up and reinforced. Probably spent a full hour cutting and gluing these pine 1x1 to size, for a questionnable result in terms of rigidity.

build2 - Copie.jpg

This wouldn't be a build without some f*up, forgot my screw were 2 inches long, I will have to cut these two with a dremel before,

Notice the quality brute force of the insert into the ply!

build3 - Copie.jpg

Mock midchamber setup

build4 - Copie.jpg

Stretched my puny clamps to the max:
build5 - Copie.jpg

will poste measurements later.

Reactions: 1 user