My DIY turntable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nice turntable harwoodspark

When I saw pic number 2 i start too jump up and down just another EVAL(d) :cool: the name are from the hifi group i'm member of VAL is short for vinylreader (translate from Swedish) (d) = diy. This is an turntable my friend and i designed couple years ago.

My turntable has also three layers but diffrens between yours and mine are bearing on toplayer motor in the middle and tonearm on the bottom. Mdf on the top layer and motor section, bottom layer made of chipboard between each layer i used rubberhose, topplate damped with leadsheet. Motor bearing and platter are leftovers from TD 150 :) tonearm is a fleemarket find Stax UA 9N.

Here are some pictures
bubbel010.jpg

bubbel007.jpg

Anders

That's good Anders, very good! I was going to leave all three sections exposed as you have done, but as I didn't have time due to work commitments to sort out the black acrylic I wanted to use, I decided to go for the more traditional look and box them in. I'm working on a revised version which will have the top section only exposed, made mostly from aluminium plate and black acrylic. I wanted the arm and bearing mounted on the same platform to keep the mechanical loop complete. I know there is some debate on decoupling the arm, but it doesn't appeal to me. Nice to see so many good turntables being produced by so many enthusiasts. Vinyl rules!

Si.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.