My discrete class d project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Still testing.

Got the square wave and ramp working cleanly by adjusting components.

Designed improved level translator from output of comparator to xor gates.
This works cleanly now.

At this point it outputs sound althogh with a little more noise than i would like.
Found tweaking the DC offset improved the noise situation.

Output MOSFETs were getting warm so changed gate resistors from 10R to to 56R now they stay cold.

can you provide a readable schematic?

regards,
savu

Thats the best i can do without chopping it up into quarters and then it would be meaning less.

My earlier message explains all the stages.
Ramp generator and audio input, comparator, xor phase splitter, hi/lo side switch into irfb4019 mosfets.

Its pretty basic really. Sadly takes more components than a 2092 circuit but what components it uses are very cheap. The inductor is the most expensive part then the £2-50 IRS2113.

Here is a similar project with discrete parts,

+/-45Vdc supply, 150W RMS into 4 ohm, 250khz, 0.31% THD @ max power, 1.6W dissipated per Mos Fet.

It only exists in LTspice, I never built it.

Regards,
savu

Attachments

• 150W_UCD.PNG
    150W_UCD.PNG
    64.4 KB · Views: 782
Er, I thought your design was going to be DISCRETE ???
I am looking for a ClassD schematic that uses discrete transistors and common opamps.

I have done both a discrete and a 2092 amplifiers.

Both work very well.

Discrete version.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Er, I thought your design was going to be DISCRETE ???
I am looking for a ClassD schematic that uses discrete transistors and common opamps.

I meant discrete as in no single chip solution.

The semi discrete version works very well open loop.
Sadly it will probably get shelved as the 2092 is a single chip solution and uses less components.

Thats the best i can do without chopping it up into quarters and then it would be meaning less.

My earlier message explains all the stages.
Ramp generator and audio input, comparator, xor phase splitter, hi/lo side switch into irfb4019 mosfets.

Its pretty basic really. Sadly takes more components than a 2092 circuit but what components it uses are very cheap. The inductor is the most expensive part then the £2-50 IRS2113.
I reckon Savu means the same as I'm going to say.

Can you show your circuit diagram with a WHITE background, not black, please.:)

It's a complete pain in the eyeballs to examine, as you have it.

Sandy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.