My contribution to this site...if anyone is interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Somehow I doubt that a DIY foil wrap of a small diameter cable will always be air tight! Some percentage may be air tight when new, a much smaller percentage will remain air tight after flexing, heat, humidity and aging take their toll.

I agree for the most part. The analogy is comparable to water tight vs water resistant. I would NOT call it air tight. But, air resistant yes. Its the influx of new oxygen than causes decay of the silver or copper.

Cheers

I'm not sure why we need 100% air tight cables anyway! Few would use them on the boat or in the bathroom. (by the way, I just read an interesting article on marine power wire connectors, but it's not on the web)

Lol bathroom. You are reminding me of some of the people who frequent another site...a-gon. They probably would require air tight shielding FOR THE BATHROOM JUST IN CASE!

Well...my digital caliper's battery is Kaput....AND the one I borrowed from my dad...IS ALSO KAPUT! But...I know that its a hair bigger than 1mm. The larger diameter .078 is slightly bigger than the one pictured, and a little to big to slip into the cotton. It also depends on what type of rope is available where you live. So somewhere between 1mm and .078. I'll get the battery replaced tomorrow and post the actual size.

I got all the stuff needed to make the interconnect. I can't wait to see the rest of the receipe, how to connect to the connectors in particular. Any update soon?

Hi, glad you got it quick. I will post some this week. I have been bumming around trying to build the cabs for a speaker project. Its been taking up all of my free time. What rca's will you be using? XLR's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.