My beloved amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry Darkhorse.... i will be happy to show you and others...but i cannot.

As the owner did not told me to publish....he prefer to use mail system...so....he may be a reserved man, that do not apreciate publicity.

The circuit is old, also the components, was perfect to me, as i was searching for that schematic a long time ago...but i ensure you that you may not apreciate...it is very old diagram....something from the sixties.

May sound nice....but probably, cannot be so clear related the more modern ones....but have some warm...some delicated sonics that i apreciate very much.

regards,

Carlos

Hello with all,

why make complicated when it is so simple to make simple!!!

amplifier with transistors with germanium - all resistances KIWAME - condensers polypro (nonpolarized) ELNA SILMIC II (polarized). Double toric food (240 goes) filtering NICHICON Great supply (100 000 microfarads).

2 X 6 Watts (whose 2X3 Watts classifies of it A pure!!! as good as a three-electrode tube.

8 hours of job and 280 EUROS to carry out my bébète which buries about all it with what I could compare it (on enclosures of 90 mini dB of output).

Absolutely magic (out of Bi-amp) on my Magnéplanar!!!!

translated:D

Re: It can work in AB and in B class...environement beeing cold.... will work fine, as

destroyer X said:
Music is not constant...not a steady tone..except some musics....hehe...constant noises ahahahaha!

The amplifier is nice...but as you see....no interest from the owner to publish.

regards,

Carlos

hi,Mr.Carlos:
I don't mind,as you say so:"Never mind, be happy!".
not only this circuit is nice,there are so many circuit on.
I like J-FET + V-MOS transisitor "FULL FET AMP" structure...

cheers
WINCO

;)

Mr Gerard, told me to publish...i will do it when i have more time, in a couple of

hours.

Mr. Gerárd environment is cold.... so, biasing low or having no biasing, or almost nothing conducting when iddle, the amplifier will not have heat dissipation...will be almost cutted its output.

When signal enter.... the AC audio voltage made it conduct, and if the weather is really cold, heatsinks are not needed to normal standard soft music in normal listening levels (1 to 2 Watts is the more normal listening levels).

Environment temperature is under 25 degrées.....much under that...so...poor transistors will be shaking because cold.

You can put heatsinks to use them hard...or to change the resistor that will make it work in AB mode...having the heat to heatsinks.

Mr. Gerárd just have no working scanner in his home and also no one near him..... that's the reason why not published.

He said that i can publish if i want.

As i want...i will do it latter....do not be nervous guys...our mother wait for us for 9 monthes....calm down guys.

regards,

Carlos

here is the RockMandrake amplifier.

Monsieur Geràrd

"je vous merci pour cette concession par la publicaccion du votre amplificateur du puissance...très gentile cette permission, je suis heureuse pour le votre d'accord"

I thank you by your liberation to make this amplifier published, very kind of you the permission, i feel glad and proud because your agreement related our needs.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• the amplifier...jpg
    the amplifier...jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 3,255
nice circuit...

hi,Mr Carlos & Mr Gerard:
you are good guys!thank you for show this circuit topolgy.as I reseaching the circuit,I found the driver stage got high currency,that is much easy to drive output stage...good!
but in china,not easy to own AD161/162 GE transistor...and GE transsistor isn't safty enough,but I heard many people like GE's sound very much...they said:just like back to the past time...haha

best regards!
WINCO

:smash:

Changing some resistor values..increasing the bias one for example, you can use

silicon units..... those will have 200 milivolts from base to emitter, others will need 600 milivolts, so, some resistors will need changes...the first one, the adjustable will be enougth....i think also the second one will follow the first one...and the bias adjustment resistor will need increasing.

Well, you will loose that intersting "germanium" sonics, but will have the amplifier thopology, that is very nice, working fine.

To substitute, maybe some BD transistors can be helpfull to output.... reducing voltage to 12 volts, maybe BD139 and BD140.....maybe....and the others use BC547 for NPN and BC557 for PNP.....will work also.

If you need, use two BD139 and 2 BD140 in parallell, increase the 220 ohms resistor and include one more diode in series in the biasing circuit...using silicon diodes as 1N4148

regards,

Carlos

some question...

Hi,Mr.Gerard:
I am very surprise that you mailed me for about AD161/AD162,the things product from england is high quality.
but is too far away...thank you for your warmhearted.

I have some doubt:
1)why using 6.8nF in feed-back loop?
***I think it will bad for HF;
2)I think it's no need with BUX85-10V zener?
3)gain is no need so high(30 times)?
***I know CD can output about 2V(P-P) MAX,you AMP only need about 10 times of gain.
4)there DC current flow through SPEAKER,about 43MA?
***If add one branch (resistor)to instead of speaker will be good?

cheers
WINCO
:)

Re: Noise problem

Silkworm said:
Hi ROCKMANDRAKE,

When volume increase to maxium, can you hear any HUM noise? Because I find the VR was placed near by the transformer.

Thanks

hi,silkworm:
nice to met you!do you know shanghai have AD161/162 sell?
if yes,please do me a favour buy 4 pairs to me,OK?
thank you at first!
any message please mail me:
hwkdesign@163.com

regards!
WINCO

:)

Hi I found a similar SCH...
Remember a maybe 10 or more years i made amplifier with AD161/162
sound was exraordinary sweet... That was even simplyer sch with OP amp
741 driving... The transistors remain light warm i spoted, maybe it will be possibile to perform Germanium pair in class A?

Attachments

• ad161_ad162.jpg
    ad161_ad162.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 2,004
Those things, Germanium, condenser output coupling, played during wonderfull moments

Of my life.

They will ligth my memories
I will feel her perfum
I will feel her touch
Love and passion in the air
World deleted, noises erased
The time stopped...only our feelings
And the Germanium playing.

Do you wanna know what i think about distortions?.... crossovers distortions?.....phase errors..... transference and counter transference..... clipping...wanna know...i will tell you.

Bubles to those things.... aaaagh!..... i am happy with my Germaniuns!

I can have the moments again....shutting my eyes....yes.....and call her by phone, and ask if she remember, and have a good talk and say thanks because we could share wonderfull moments.

Distortions..... bahhhh!

regards,

Carlos

Hello,
Thanks for sharing schematic of this amp. I will try it. I have currently been using wide-range speakers with GC amp. I will try it with germanium one. The problem is with transistors in US. The only germanium transistors, which I was able to find ( not to mention e-bay ) are ones sell by NTE. Does anyone know about their quality? Are these made now or it is old-stock?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.