My alpine amp makes a high pitch squeaking sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did it go to 0.020v on both channels?

Did you replace the outputs in both channels?

With 'no audio signal', the idle current should have been constant. You could have a dirty bias pot. If you connect your meter across the emitter resistors for each channel, does the voltage across the emitter resistors remain constant on both channels when the idle current is fluctuating?

If not, does it change for one channel, or both channels?

If one channel, which channel?

It only went to .020v in the channel with the new transistors

with the bias pots set to there lowest the channel with the old transistors fluctuates between .001v and .003v the channel with the new transistors fluctuates between .004v and .005v

and i noticed that one of the surface mounted resistors on the back side of the board looks a bit bit dodgy it has 330 printed on it dose this mean its 33 ohm?

would the burnt resistor be allowing more current to flow to the channel that's running hot?

I put in the new resistors in today and it was going fine for about 3 minuets until a capacitor blew up so ill get a new one. Any ideas why it blew ?

The pic is of the capacitor that blew

Attachments

• gdz.jpg
    gdz.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 102
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.