My 100 watt amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

It have the same thd spectrum but arround -87 db of distortions, that is arround .008% of distortions at 50 watts output in 4 ohm.

Bye

Gaetan
Hello!
If these figures are accurate for the THD are correct, this is a very good result!?
When you finish making this amplifier will do the measurement with the "Clio" and I check these ate your results accurate?!
cheers

Last edited:
Hello

I have received a warning in a email by a member of the forum, so I want to say that my amp are my intellectual property and that nobody do have the right to use it for commercial purpose.

Bye

Gaetan
I pray that this forum member?
People, compare the two schematics!?
thanks and cheers

Attachments

• Figure 1.pdf
    83.5 KB · Views: 122
  • schematic-5.pdf
    16.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
post5 schematic.
Where should R8 tap into the +ve supply rail?
After R9 as shown, will inject output voltage into the LTP tail and will give C2 a lot of work trying to attenuate that ripple voltage.
Should R8 tap into the +ve supply rail before D2? or somewhere else?

Hello Andrew

The diode D2 ideas come from an old RCA amp, Aksa use that same ideas.

The diode R8 should be after R9 and after D2 as shown in my schematic, because D2 blocks rail voltage drops under heavy load, preventing bad effects on the LTP and the VAS. The 100R R9 resistor in series helps to reduce the switching noise of the diode and serves to decouple the supply, with a cap, from the main supply rail.

Bye

Gaetan

Last edited:
Hello Gaetan8888, Can I use c5200 and a1943 for the output stage for this amp? Thank you for your reply.

Regards,
Boyet

Hello

Yes, but those transistors are not for a 100 watt amp, so you really need to put two of each of those output transistors in parallel, like in the image.

It's better to mach all the transistors that you put in parallel.

Bye

Gaétan

Attachments

• my 100 watt amp-my schematic-2.gif
    my 100 watt amp-my schematic-2.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.