MOX + super regulator wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
after a long time I finally managed to bring my active x-over project closer to conclusion.

It is based on the MOX boards from the first group buy and it uses a pair of ALW boards for the Jung super regulator.

The supply is taken from a dual 15V 100VA toroid, each secondary is rectified with Fairchild Stealth diodes, smoothed with 4700 uF / 40V Siemens Sikorel caps and feeds a super-regulator.

Being the secondaries dual the supplies are floating and need to be referenced to each other.

Looking at ALW's guide I see that the recommended wiring for multiple loads is like this:

Attachments

• superregwiring.jpg
    superregwiring.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 340
... however this would mean that I should join the V+ and V- "ground" wires at each of the MOX boards and this maybe is not the best solution so far.... did anyone experience a similar problem?

With the gainclone regulated supply it is suggested to join the "gnd" wires close to the amps and to go from there to the boards... if this better?

Cheers

Andrea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.