Motional Feedback that can potentially be used for planar magnetic woofers ...

8 stators. ESL ? i mean its quite a different thing. im talking planar magnetic drivers :)
I know that you have magnets and aluminum coils glued to mylar, so I suggest making two membranes in a bag for now to understand what the difference will be in comparison with one membrane.
Of course, you will need a lot of magnets, but on the other hand you can make one sub and cut off the frequencies at the top by 200 Hz.
All that is above is to distribute the drivers that you have already done many times into two satellites.

Reactions: 1 user
He is sandwiching 6 membranes, this could be done with planar magnetic also I guess?
well it could but becomes really pricy , you need magnets for each foil. with a ESL the most pricy component is the transformer. what i want to try is only a dual foil, using both sides of the magnets. so it wont cost me more.. maybe even cheaper since i do not need steel to hold them. my guess is i get tired of the extra foil streching really fast but one panel wont hurt to see what it does :) adding a dual coil on one foil is option 2, i used that a few times now, and adds 3 dB , if imepdance remains the same. or same output but twice the impedance. what i hope for with the dual foil is the magnet field on both sides are a complete mirror image, so having it non linear should not have as much impact compared to a non linear field in a single ended version. what could be cool is you should be able to extend the Xmax without getting more non linear. (ofcourse they will be less efficient as one might expect. )

them. my guess is i get tired of the extra foil streching really fast but one panel wont hurt to see what it does :) adding a dual coil on one foil is option 2, i used that a few

I know that you have magnets and aluminum coils glued to mylar, so I suggest making two membranes in a bag for now to understand what the difference will be in comparison with one membrane.
Of course, you will need a lot of magnets, but on the other hand you can make one sub and cut off the frequencies at the top by 200 Hz.
All that is above is to distribute the drivers that you have already done many times into two satellites.
for everything above 200 hz there is no need to make dual foils or dual coils. they work fine in either PP or single ended. dual foils becomes troublesome even at higher frequencies depending on the distance of the foils of course :)

Reactions: 1 user
If MFB is reducing distortion, then the signal to driver will become distorted. Prolly not possible to hear benefit to distortion at low frequencies.

I've never figured out how to measure benefits of MFB so as to be able assess something quantitative - which you also need to proceed with iterative refinements.

But benefit to impact and pulses should definitely be audible. Maybe also low-end extension, as FR plot shows. As ever, when tested on low-quality or small-speaker systems (like the old Philips speakers), the benefits are dramatic; but not as dramatic when trying to make a great system better.

BTW, folks have found that accelerometers on dust caps require making the dust cap more solid.

I haven't digested much of this thread yet. But great work.

they put accelerometers usually under the dust cap on the coil former. in this case we use light, but there are no solid or stiff surfaces in a planar :) i think having a wider area to reflect is the best i can do :(. then again this all is not certain if its worth the effort at all :)