Most attractive speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
panomaniac said:
And let us not forget the lovely vintage Elipson which came in may shapes and sizes. Not your typical box speaker.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

OzMikeH said:
Love the Elipson. very 1950's future-tech.
I'm surprised it doesn't have Jetson's style legs.

How about the BD Design Swings?

These are really great from the looks. Now if HiFi stuff looked like that, wouldn't it be great!

I always drool over these, but would prefer clear sides to see the curves inside:

LayertoneAustin.jpg

9anda1f

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
soongsc said:
Certainly could be mistaken for something like that.

Yes - and I picked the photo that looked the least like it! :xeye:
Those where known as the "Rabbit Ear" Elipsons. Elipson sounded pretty good, as I recall. haven't heard one in about 20 years.

Now here is a groovy speaker from another thread.
Office desk - meets bar - meets UFOs. Wow. :eek: There a martini in there somewhere, I know it!

Too bad they've gone out of busness. I would save up for a pair.

panomaniac said:

Yes - and I picked the photo that looked the least like it! :xeye:
Those where known as the "Rabbit Ear" Elipsons. Elipson sounded pretty good, as I recall. haven't heard one in about 20 years.

Now here is a groovy speaker from another thread.
Office desk - meets bar - meets UFOs. Wow. :eek: There a martini in there somewhere, I know it!

Too bad they've gone out of busness. I would save up for a pair.

Hey, those look like they came out of my dreams. I did think about using four of my little speakers to do something like that.

http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/HE2007Speakers/

Home entertainment 2007 show pictures and prices.. click on the cropped thumbnails...

Home Entertainment Show 2007, or If It's Not $100,000, It's Crrrrrap!

Vinyl Bazaar

"We bumped into our friend Steve Guttenberg (the audio equipment reviewer, not the savior of both Johnny Five and Sweet Chuck). Follow the jump to have a look at what he thought was the "pick of the show."

http://stage.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment-show-2007/

can't decide if these MBLs scream out Danger Will Robinson!" or "Exterminate!" but I did feel like they were watching my every move. Gorgeous in their own way, they are $51,900 a pair for the Piano Rosewood finish (the X-treme Piano Black finish will set you back $179,900). Amplifiers to drive these babies go up to $38,000; hell, the preamp is nearly $20,000. MBL just announced an SACD player (and not a moment too soon). They haven't yet mentioned the price, but the CD player is over $8,700. Thankfully, though, these are list prices. Surely you could get them to knock a few dollars off."

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.