Mosfet A40

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lets see!!!!!....... the last design i have seen for a mosfet amp was about 20 years old ..... how about one using the buz....dp mosfets or the newer IRF 6xx, 7xx series ...... give us something that we can chew and participate!!!! .... try using one of the arrays combos npn/pnp ....

Perhaps you can muster up the time to design what you ask for so those of us with very little time can also build one..... Oh how I wish those people that complain and never contribute anything should just :shutup: .

Mark

:bigeyes: I did not mean to offend anyone, please forgive me .....
I find this hobby very interesting and I am getting stocked up with some goodies .... and .... start playing too ... I respect y'all's work and feedback ..... I am working now on my power supply! .... I am interested on the mosfets and bought a bunch of different ones since I don't know what is better so I can try them ..... so far I know the lateral mosfets, vertical mosfets, grid mosfets, sexfets, vfets, enhancement mode ........ all from you guys ......
I've seen the diagrams of some designs mainly with IRF's and SK .....but old ones .... some that we can not get easily ....:cannotbe: ....
I like to try to build the cyclotron just for kicks first with 3, 9v batteries and two 2n7000's
.... I know is a toy but it works .... for an mp3 headbanger .......
and then scale it up with a SLA5003 or SLA5007 .....

have you guy's tried a transformer less power supply? ..... I figure that
with that big transformer in front of my house to distribute power to the houses around me, it ought to be enough isolation for a circuit ....
don't you think? ... my tv broke the other day and went inside it and discover that they use for most of it direct power and just for the logic circuit a little transformer and a 5v rectifier .....

Mike, Jam,

Actually I kinda like the Bass response but I will play with the feedback values a bit just to see what does actually happen. The gain is siomewhat lowr than my KSA-50. Overall the A-40 MOSFET a very impressive amp. I wouldn't also mind seeing an updated version with BJT's as well. Had I the time I would attempt it but I am looking to build the KSA-100 MK-2 first.

Don't get TOO much sun Mike!

Mark

jpg ...

:smash: this is the .jpg for the chinese cyclotron!

Attachments

• chinese.jpg
    chinese.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 693
Jam I have some pictures for you.
Mark, If you want to put some XLR's and take off a jumper you can run the A-40 Balanced.
I don't get a tan, just red and peel.
Jam has another amp in the works, but is is secret.
I do have a bigger A-40.
Off to the beach, I hope they don't keep rolling me back into the water.

cyclotron

I have not been long exploring the posibilities ..... a month or so .....
checking out the latest products and trends in audio and electronics.

I'am hung up on the cyclotron after I've seen an Australian lad working on a very powerful cyclotron amp and I also saw a mobile tractor trailer
in Brazil that provides entretainement using a big 0 cyclotron ...... just thoughth hat it was the trend ...... nothing special! ..... I also notice the V5 that it was the trend ...... nothing special! ..... I also notice the V5 voltage on the eschematic is reversed ....
What is the prefered Mosfet? .... anyone .... what are the prefered capacitors ..... so far I got
three different buz mosfets, about 2 dozen 2sk428, 30 IRF 532's pairs,
some 540's, some irf640's, around 30 10,000 uf nichicons, some 42000 80v, some 160v caps ..... a bunch of different capacitors like polypropylene, some mylar and some polyester ..... 3 46v toroids ...
... I was interested in the chinese cyclotron because it uses two n chanel mosvets ..... and I thought it would be easy to make ....
what do y'all prefer in terms of amplifier topology ...... class a or ?
I would like simplicity and three chanels .... I am not that familiar with
all the mosfets differences .... on the mean time I am colecting some components to start with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.