Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

If you go to moodeaudio.org's IP address, 23.235.199.139, you arrive at ecbiz226.inmotionhosting.com, which looks like a shared hosting server. If someone sharing the same server does something naughty then the whole server IP can be blocked by networks.

Colin

I believe something like that has occurred. While I can see the site on my VZW phone, my home ISP can't connect to it using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.

If I use the VPN of the Opera browser, that does connect.

I am having trouble accessing no other web site.

Hello everybody,
as some of you already know, thanks to the great help of two diyaudio members (phofman and rpi) now the PeppyMeter (a virtual VUMeter software) is running in the moOde environment.
At the moment it can alternatively work with the moOde GUI on the native rpi touchscreen. Since I really like moOde's GUI, I'm trying to run PeppyMeter alongside it.
I've tried different configurations but, until now, I only got it with two HDMI displays, but not with the touchscreen and HDMI display.
Is there anyone who has experienced a dual screen setup who would kindly help me?
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco

Hi everybody !

Is it possible to add Tidal Connect to Moode Audio ?

GitHub - shawaj/HiTide: TIDAL Installer for Raspberry Pi OS
GitHub - seniorgod/ifi-tidal-release: tidal connect application for ARM SBC based on https://github.com/ppy2/ifi-tidal-release

The Tidal Connect example for Moode Audio .
curl -sSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/shawaj/HiTide/main/install.sh | sudo bash

NMJUYT.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your great work on the peppymeter integration fdealexa, I have had heath issues and have not been able to assist but your work has moved us a great deal forward. At this time can I direct peppymeter output to a standard 7” pie screen by DSI? and control moode headless? I think the peppymeter is a good compliment to moode, it is a great visual impact to diy dac/streamer/preamp/buffer designs. Good work, thanks again

Last edited:
Hi all,

I'm having issues updating my MPD library. Used to work fine before, that is, I jumped from Moode 3.x to 7.0

Current Moode version on an RPi3, reading data over NAS, is Release: 7.0.0 2020-12-15.

So, basically, I have a NAS where all my FLAC files are stored. If I buy a CD (and I do!), I rip it to FLAC and copy it over to the NAS inside an MPD subfolder. Then I go and upate library through the menu. Funnily, it's worked before with 7.0.0 on a couple of CD's I ripped about a month ago, but it seems not to work now.

Any hint as to where I should be looking would be greatly appreciated. Permissions are set to 0x644, so that should be ok.

Cheers,

Alberto

Tim, is there a possibility that you are realizing streaming not only to directly physically connected devices via USB / I2S, but also to receivers (MPD / NAA / RAAT) over the network. I would really like such functionality, then Moode can be used as a player with convolution (Camillia DSP) and sent to multichannel receiving endpoints. Type Pure (BBB) from Pavel Pogodin https://puredsd.ru/. This will give a new leap in sound quality, since according to reviews, sound is not output directly from the Pi3 / 4 via USB with maximum quality.

Another positive feature of this possibility is that we will have unloaded individual components connected over a network. Pi3 / 4 with MOODE will work as a player and DSP processor, and the endpoint will be a BBB doing "what you love to do" + for BBB with PURE firmware there are freely available "hats" from Pavel for sound output through a multi-channel reclocker, just a stereo high-quality reclocker and a DSD'It reclocker that converts PCM to DSD quality in the summer. It's just that there are no more alternatives according to this scheme, only HQPEmbdeed, but this is very expensive software and not everyone can afford it ...

closed account
Joined 2007
This will give a new leap in sound quality, since according to reviews, sound is not output directly from the Pi3 / 4 via USB with maximum quality.

You have to realise that the only possible comment to those reviews is to reply like Captain Blackadder when he mentioned to Private Baldrick about "the tiny flaw" in the plan to use large armies on both of two opposing sides as the other's deterrent.

(If you really worry about USB noise, use an iFi purifier or an intona and sleep complacently.)