Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Got it ! Nasty little Bluetooth glitch....

I had experimented with a bluetooth speaker but then turned all bluetooth settings off and gone back to Dac playback.

All fine until I tried to configure i2s driver and then the UI became unresponsive....only an ssh shutdown and restart worked and then I got one more shot at reconfiguring something before UI became unresponsive.

Turned out that Bluetooth speaker was still 'on' in renderers and when I finally found it....after umptygazillion reboots...and turned it off all was good again.

A reboot and UI is working...config working... playback working...:)

I have similar problem using Bluetooth. Bluetooth is very unstable in terms of connecting and disconnecting Bluetooth headphones. Switching back to I2S is a headache as well.

I'm very new to all this, so bear with me. :) Installed the Raspbian IMG on my SD card. SSH'd into it. When I type cd /home/pi, it doesn't do anything. I can type cd /home & it works fine. But there doesn't appear to be a pi directory. What am I missing?!

Thanks!

Linux...it appears to not do anything but if you are returned to the '$' prompt then it has worked...;)

Code:
cd /home/pi

should return '$'

Check by typing..
Code:
pwd
(pwd = present working directory ie where you are now ;) )

and you will get..
Code:
/home/pi
thus you have moved to the /home/pi directory...
All good...all normal..carry on...:D

Hi all
Been using Moode 4 for a couple of weeks so I thought I would give some feedback - (Thanks Tim et al for this brilliant software and support)

direct install on Pi2 & Pi3 went well, just a couple of reboots needed when it got stuck ,it then resumed automatically, I then add the brilliant Raspsotify and a folder of favourite radio stations in the radio folder (as there seems to be no way of favouriting radio stations ?)

A couple of things I would like to sort out
when I add the _favorites folder it seems to disorder the other radio stations (see image below) is there any way to reorder them ?

I also use the Alarm Clock feature which is rather hidden in the settings, it seems more reliable than 3.8 but fails when there has been a different radio station playing - it seems to me that the alarm script is not add/clearing, but that is just a guess

& +1 for a wiki !
Lx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 10.15.07.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 10.15.07.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 314
Hi,

Just an FYI that it looks like the kernel dev's are including the M2Tech Hiface USB audio driver in one of the next kernel releases for the Pi :)
no snd-usb-hiface.ko module under Raspbian * Issue #2368 * raspberrypi/linux * GitHub

-Tim

Thanks for heads up Mr Curtis.

I have LogitechMediaServer running on rpi3b,Raspbian Stretch-Lite and have just performed sudo rpi update and the fix is already there.

/lib/modules/4.9.79-v7+/kernel/sound/usb/hiface

For a very long time the Raspbian developers seemed to ignore requests for this module to be added, but have acted suprisingly quickly with the latest one.

I have in the past managed to build it myself, with the assistance of this good fellow, Michael Glad,

About | AYSABTU.dk

But had to run it on an older version of Raspbian.

It brings a new lease of life to my North Star Essensio dac (and many others which have the M2Tech original OEM usb chip).

I'll give it a bash with MoOde 4.0 later today.

Regards

Ronnie

Linux...it appears to not do anything but if you are returned to the '$' prompt then it has worked...;)

Code:
cd /home/pi

should return '$'

Check by typing..
Code:
pwd
(pwd = present working directory ie where you are now ;) )

and you will get..
Code:
/home/pi
thus you have moved to the /home/pi directory...
All good...all normal..carry on...:D

Oh man, can't believe I didn't realize that! I knew it would be something simple. :) Thank's so much, I really appreciate the help!

Hi all
Been using Moode 4 for a couple of weeks so I thought I would give some feedback - (Thanks Tim et al for this brilliant software and support)
I also use the Alarm Clock feature which is rather hidden in the settings, it seems more reliable than 3.8 but fails when there has been a different radio station playing - it seems to me that the alarm script is not add/clearing, but that is just a guess

& +1 for a wiki !
Lx

any help for this please ?
lx

@lurkio77

You'll need to be more specific than "but fails".

From your brief statement, I inferred that you had been playing some radio station. You set the alarm clock to start playing some other radio station at some future time. Then what?

I just tried two tests:

1) while playing a radio station, I set the alarm clock to start playing a different radio station 5 minutes hence. I stopped playing the current radio station. At the appropriate time, moOde began playing the new station. At the appropriate time, it stops playing.

2) while playing a radio station, I set the alarm clock to start playing a different radio station 5 minutes hence. I continued playing the current radio station. At the appropriate time, moOde switched to playing the new station "as if" I had manually clicked on it. At the appropriate time, it stops playing.

Both tests seem ok to me.

What behavior are you seeing?

Regards,
Kent

Last edited:
Hi Kent - thanks for your interest
This seems to be an intermittent problem , it doesn't fail everytime
My exact scenario is I set the alarm to wake at 7.45am playing BBC Radio 4 and off again at 10.15am
If I do nothing at all with moode then there is a high chance it will do exactly as I want , if however I play another radio say Planet Pootwaddle sometime during the day it will sometimes not wake or sometimes wake playing Planet Pootwaddle
Also if I have been playing music or podcasts from my NAS then it can wake playing whatever that was
That is what made me suspect that the alarm wasn't clearing the daytime playlist

Hi Kent - thanks for your interest
This seems to be an intermittent problem , it doesn't fail everytime
My exact scenario is I set the alarm to wake at 7.45am playing BBC Radio 4 and off again at 10.15am
If I do nothing at all with moode then there is a high chance it will do exactly as I want , if however I play another radio say Planet Pootwaddle sometime during the day it will sometimes not wake or sometimes wake playing Planet Pootwaddle
Also if I have been playing music or podcasts from my NAS then it can wake playing whatever that was
That is what made me suspect that the alarm wasn't clearing the daytime playlist

Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to have to think a bit about what you've said.

Meanwhile, perhaps someone else will chime in.

Regards,
Kent

Very odd. I'll try on my Pi Touch in next couple of days.

Open an ssh session to that Pi and then try opening the System config page while monitoring the nginx log.

tail -f /var/log/nginx/access.log

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I have the situation again.

I tried your suggestion...unfortunately after I had tried to open the page. The browser is just "spinning". SSH session is just sitting there waiting for the page to open.

After closing the Configuration settings selection dialog, going through the tabs, stopping the browser and then refreshing the browser the UI displayed the Disconnected screen. I refreshed again and the UI is displaying things again. However, I still cannot open the system settings and there are about 10 lines in the access.log similar to the ones you included above. These lines are all to do with index.php and not sys-config.php.

Is there something else I should look at?

UPDATE: After I found the old post and replied the System Configuration page finally opened. Took at least 10 minutes. I was able to close and reopen the System Configuration page...unfortunately the player is no longer working.

Cheers, Bryce.

Last edited:
No sound from Hifiberry Digi

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } Whatever I do I cannot get Moode 4.0 running. I’ve successfully built Moode image, changed l2s for Hifiberry Digi, changed Ethernet for WiFi. Everything is looking OK, after choosing one of radio stations it seems it’s working, optical socket of Hifiberry board is emitting red light – but my amplifier is not receiving any sound. I tried 3 different SD cards, every time the same outcome. What I am doing wrong?

Bazyli