Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

I've noticed the Library Panel in the UI is a bit more of a resource hog the last couple of updates (3.8.2/3). Both FF and Chrome are noticably slow as it seems there is a redraw and it bogs down if you do the old responsive developer sesize browser thing lol.

Just a heads up, thanks for a great distro.

Hi,

Library panel code (server and client) has not changed in a long while.

Can never rule out bugs but maybe try clearing Browser cache and history.

-Tim

Problems with in-place update 3.8.2 to 3.8.3

Hi - anyone else having problems with this update? Have now tried 3 separate systems (pi0, pi0w, pi3 - all running different dacs, 2 on wifi and one ethernet) with no success. The check for available update takes much longer than previously, and then either tells me no update available (pi0w and pi3), or says it is and then corrupts the system (pi0). Tried with different browsers (chrome, edge, opera) on different access systems (android, win 10, linux). No joy, but the pi3 still plays ok on 3.8.2. Looks like a clean install, unless any other options....? Thanks Adrian

Which is the best config for you? LL with RR or fifo? RT with RR or fifo? Standard with?

Can you post some config?

I tested RT with FIFO and i could ear some glitches, then swapped in RR and much less problems (not disappeared) but with better sound quality seems to me, now in LL with RR looks like no at all glitches and maybe a little less defined, but always great sound.
It could be even psychoacoustic... :)
The sound quality seems better than old release

--> Raspy3 in cabled network with static ip, music on nas, usb dac, linear PSU <--

Hi,

Looks like MPD 0.20.10 has just been released :)

Music Player Daemon
Music Player Daemon 0.20.10 has been released.
This release fixes two crash bugs, AIFF tags. It adds support for MusicBrainz tags to the FFmpeg decoder plugin and adds a macOS mixer plugin.

-Tim

Hi,

After a quick recompile I can confirm that MPD 0.20.10 fixes the missing AIFF tags issue.

Cudos to Max Kellermann, the main MPD dev :)

-Tim

Hi,

moOde release 3.8.3 is available at moodeaudio.org and via in-place Software update for any of the 3.8 series releases :)

This release contains important bug fixes and updates that help increase the robustness and reliability of moOde and improve the interface to certain audio devices. Refer to the release notes below for details

=============================
3.8.3 Release 2017-08-23
=============================

Updates

- UPD: Allow only RR and FIFO policies for Real-time kernel
- UPD: Deprecate bclk_ratio_int_div setting for adv kernels

Bug fixes

- FIX: Extra delay in click logic for currently playing Playlist item
- FIX: Re-Mount not handling stale file handle condition
- FIX: Piano 2.1 main vol not initialized at startup if MPD vol disabled

Enjoy!

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Tried this last night and it seems to have fixed the 'single channel only on startup' issue I was experiencing with Piano 2.1 (MPD vol control disabled). My workaround was to change MPD volume control to either hardware or software, then switch back to disabled, but this is no longer required

Many thanks :)

Si

Hi Tim,

Well that Hifiberry thread was an interesting read.. We do use WIFI in the house (albeit it is disabled on the RPi), both 2.4 and 5Ghz so something else to have a play around with re: frequency/channels. I may have to copy some flac files to the microSD card in the RPi for testing purposes (as someone previously suggested) as getting Ethernet from the router to RPi will be a pain.

New RPi should have arrived today too so I'll get that swapped out and report back on my findings.

Cheers

Si

Hi Tim,

So it seems the culprit (bizarrely) was the 2.4Ghz WIFI - turn it off on the router, leaving just 5Ghz and no more 16bit/44.1khz dropouts. I've had to re-instate the 2.4Ghz WIFI due to having a few devices like Kindle's that won't support 5Ghz, but I've moved everything that does support 5Ghz over and this seems to have made the issue go away..

Si

Hi - anyone else having problems with this update? Have now tried 3 separate systems (pi0, pi0w, pi3 - all running different dacs, 2 on wifi and one ethernet) with no success. The check for available update takes much longer than previously, and then either tells me no update available (pi0w and pi3), or says it is and then corrupts the system (pi0). Tried with different browsers (chrome, edge, opera) on different access systems (android, win 10, linux). No joy, but the pi3 still plays ok on 3.8.2. Looks like a clean install, unless any other options....? Thanks Adrian

yep, did a update and lost the wifi connection and so the access to my pi0. Back to old version again.
grz
:confused::confused:

Hi Tim,

So it seems the culprit (bizarrely) was the 2.4Ghz WIFI - turn it off on the router, leaving just 5Ghz and no more 16bit/44.1khz dropouts. I've had to re-instate the 2.4Ghz WIFI due to having a few devices like Kindle's that won't support 5Ghz, but I've moved everything that does support 5Ghz over and this seems to have made the issue go away..

Si

Hi Si,

Interesting. Are you by chance using a Kali re-clocker and USB WiFi adapter?

-Tim

yep, did a update and lost the wifi connection and so the access to my pi0. Back to old version again.
grz
:confused::confused:

Hi,

Very odd.

The update does not touch the currently running kernel or any of the OS components and thus the system should boot up and allow SSH access even if the update failed for some reason and moOde could not start.

Did you try ssh pi@moode?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Si

You should be eligible for a free replacement from Hifiberry.

Even though you've got a solution, you never know what other gremlins are lurking inside the shoddy Rev.1 design.