Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

3. A boot timing parameter was introduced: adding the following to config.txt should increase the timeout from default 1s to 5s (yes, the parameter is "1")
Code:
program_usb_timeout=1

Regards,
Kent

Tim, this is what I was attempting to ask about offline the other day.

Thank you Kent (and others) for sharing such valuable info. I'm curious about this boot time in fresh install. But I do have to wonder that the OS is maybe already running, just something had locked me out from accessing. Can't get inside to see.

Hi Marco,

MPD just stores the file path inside saved playlists. I'd have to investigate whether it would possible to efficiently extract the metadata for each file during the display of a saved playlist in the Browse panel.

-Tim

Thank you Tim...
It's just an esthetics idea, not a "i can't live without"
if it will need to much work feel free to ignore it :)

Hi,

moOde release 3.8.3 is available at moodeaudio.org and via in-place Software update for any of the 3.8 series releases :)

This release contains important bug fixes and updates that help increase the robustness and reliability of moOde and improve the interface to certain audio devices. Refer to the release notes below for details

=============================
3.8.3 Release 2017-08-23
=============================

Updates

- UPD: Allow only RR and FIFO policies for Real-time kernel
- UPD: Deprecate bclk_ratio_int_div setting for adv kernels

Bug fixes

- FIX: Extra delay in click logic for currently playing Playlist item
- FIX: Re-Mount not handling stale file handle condition
- FIX: Piano 2.1 main vol not initialized at startup if MPD vol disabled

Enjoy!

-Tim

Attachments

• moode-r383.png
    moode-r383.png
    198.2 KB · Views: 322
Raspotify and moode

Hi folks

I've thought I'd have a go at getting spotify connect to work on the pi. So I've installed Raspotify and I can see the pi as a spotify connect device and select it (from ipad and mac) but there is no sound output when I play something. Moode (3.8.2 and 3 continues to work as normal.

Please forgive me for what is probably some very basic errors but I'm stumped. I've tinkered about in the Raspotify config file ( /etc/default/raspotify) but I've not been able to get anything going.

Can anyone offer me any pointers? Many thanks in advance

***** TIP *****
Folks, please read the instructions before updating from 3.8x to 3.83.
It will not only save you time, but more importantly, it will save Tim's time. Time he needs to make this almost perfect product into a....I dunno....for me it's already perfect....:santa2: (What? Too early to show Santa??)

Johan

Pops between tracks

Hello
I’ve been using moode for a quite a while now and it’s been working great with my old setup/DAC
I’ve just integrated a Najda DSP into my system and I am connecting to it RPI >>I2s>>Najda,
I am now getting loud-ish pops/clicks on selecting new tracks and albums

I had just done a straight swap in of the RPI and of course it still has my old DAC settings in the moode config (audiophonic es9023 iirc)

I’m was still using Moode 3.0 but have just upgraded to the latest, and was wondering if anybody knew what the best “i2s audio device” for the Najda would be?
Or if there may be another cause of the pops between tracks?
Thanks

Hi @vernonb,

What i meant was are u using a specific type of wire harness to connect Pi I2S out to DAC I2S input.

The reason I ask is that I2S interconnect is typically board level < few CM. If wire harness is used it really needs to be U.FL shielded coax. If standard wires are used they will pick up EMI and audio glitches will result.

There was an earlier post in this thread of just such a case.

-Tim

Hi Tim

Ahh sorry:sorry:
The wires are fairly short (3-4cm) and each twisted with a corresponding earth on the same ports
Pretty much the same way I did it with the curryman DAC I was using
I will investigate making them shorter, (coax and ufl would seem to be impossible in this situation) but the noise seems fairly consistently to happen when I’m changing tracks and not at other times….

Is there any particular i2s audio device in moode’s audio config that would be more suitable as a generic device for the Najda?
Thanks for your time
Vernon

Hi @vernonb,

What i meant was are u using a specific type of wire harness to connect Pi I2S out to DAC I2S input.

The reason I ask is that I2S interconnect is typically board level < few CM. If wire harness is used it really needs to be U.FL shielded coax. If standard wires are used they will pick up EMI and audio glitches will result.

There was an earlier post in this thread of just such a case.

-Tim

I don't want to detract from the message here, which is that shielded cable must be needed for the I2S interconnect.

However, U.FL is not a cable specification. It's a surface mount RF connector type commonly used to connect antenna coax to circuit boards. See Hirose U.FL - Wikipedia In my laptop, for example, it's used to connect the internal WiFi antenna to the WiFi adapter board. They're only good for a limited number of insertions (don't ask me how I know).

I don't know what folks are using for connectors on coaxial I2S cables but I doubt it's U.FL normally.

Regards,
Kent