Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

SS into Pi

I have Moode 3.7. Was finally able to get in using password = raspberry. Should it not have worked with moodeaudio? Perhaps that was changed in 3.8. Thanks Tim

Last login: Sun Aug 20 17:29:58 on ttys000
Tims-MacBook-Pro:~ timivie$ ssh pi@172.16.0.38
pi@172.16.0.38's password:
Linux 4.4.50-v7+ J-Lite Core, armv7l Architecture
__ ____ ____
__ _ ___ ___ ___/ /__ / __ \/ __/
/ ' \/ _ \/ _ \/ _ / -_) /_/ /\ \
/_/_/_/\___/\___/\_,_/\__/\____/___/

moodeOS™ Version 2.0
multi-kernel
(C) 2016 Tim Curtis

moodeOS is based on Debian GNU/Linux and is custom
factored for Moode Audio Player. The programs included
with moodeOS are free software; the exact distribution
terms for each program are described in the individual
files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright. moodeOS comes with
absolutely no warranties expressed or implied, or any
other guarantees. Moode Audio Player is covered under
separate license agreement contained in the file
/var/www/LICENSE.moode and displayed in Moode About.

pi@moode:~ $

Hi,

moOde 4.0 will introduce System profiles and one of them will be "least processes running" and so yes, BT OFF will be part of this profile.

-Tim

Good! Thanks, Tim. Another 'feature' I'd selfishly ask you to consider is the ability to add multiple wifi connections/passwords. I take Moode to different locations with different wifi and, with The Pi Zero W, always forget to change the wifi passwords before leaving the last location.....

Derek

The thing that I don't understand is how the RPi is communicating with the router (since internet radio will continue to play for hours at least) when the router indicates that the device IP is not active. Does that symptom point to the router or to the wireless device as the source of the problem?

Tom
I had a similar issue, and solved it by disabling power saving for the wifi adapter.
You can change that in /etc/network/interfaces

Hi Si,

Ran a quick test w/MPD volume control set to disabled and no issues. All Piano volume controllers were correctly set to 100% and Dual-Mono playback was perfect.

Are u sure that your downstream volume attenuator is functioning correctly?

I had an issue once with an analog volume attenuator where at low volume settings there was a considerable difference between L/R channel levels.

-Tim
Hello,

Same issue here, RPi3 + KALI + Piano DAC 2.1 set to Dual Mono. Either Software or Hardware will do, as long as the volume is set to 100% manually. With volume set to disabled only the right speaker works:

pi@moode:~ $ ./piano.sh
Dual mode: Dual-Mono
Subw mode: None
Sub xover: 90
Sub level: 100%
Main levl: 0%
Mstr levl: 0%

If I re-apply MPD settings then the volume is restored to 100%

Main levl: 100%
Mstr levl: 100%

.. until next reboot. Then MPD settings has to be re-applied again. I did it twice to be sure.

- glb_mclk Disabled or disabled (it doesn't have any effect on the volume issue)
- moOde Player 3.8.2 was installed from scratch
- I'm on 4.9.41 Linux kernel
- Mixer name is "Master"

I didn't try without KALI, as the whole thing is within a case, and a dissassembly would be required :/

My first post here :) I've been with moOde since 3.7 and so far it has been a great experience.

Hi Si,

Ran a quick test w/MPD volume control set to disabled and no issues. All Piano volume controllers were correctly set to 100% and Dual-Mono playback was perfect.

Are u sure that your downstream volume attenuator is functioning correctly?

I had an issue once with an analog volume attenuator where at low volume settings there was a considerable difference between L/R channel levels.

-Tim

I've now done a complete power down and left the power disconnected for 5 mins and fired back up again and can't re-create this issue. It seems that something wasn't being applied properly, but all sorted now :)

Now I just need to sort out the annoying dropouts with 44.1k flac and I'll be a very happy man (this seems to be an RPi issue though)

Thanks for your help

Si

I confirm the same for myself

Hello,

Same issue here, RPi3 + KALI + Piano DAC 2.1 set to Dual Mono. Either Software or Hardware will do, as long as the volume is set to 100% manually. With volume set to disabled only the right speaker works:

.. until next reboot. Then MPD settings has to be re-applied again. I did it twice to be sure.

- glb_mclk Disabled or disabled (it doesn't have any effect on the volume issue)
- Mixer name is "Master"

I didn't try without KALI, as the whole thing is within a case, and a dissassembly would be required :/

My first post here :) I've been with moOde since 3.7 and so far it has been a great experience.

I have Moode 3.7. Was finally able to get in using password = raspberry. Should it not have worked with moodeaudio? Perhaps that was changed in 3.8. Thanks Tim

Last login: Sun Aug 20 17:29:58 on ttys000
Tims-MacBook-Pro:~ timivie$ ssh pi@172.16.0.38
pi@172.16.0.38's password:
Linux 4.4.50-v7+ J-Lite Core, armv7l Architecture
__ ____ ____
__ _ ___ ___ ___/ /__ / __ \/ __/
/ ' \/ _ \/ _ \/ _ / -_) /_/ /\ \
/_/_/_/\___/\___/\_,_/\__/\____/___/

moodeOS™ Version 2.0
multi-kernel
(C) 2016 Tim Curtis

moodeOS is based on Debian GNU/Linux and is custom
factored for Moode Audio Player. The programs included
with moodeOS are free software; the exact distribution
terms for each program are described in the individual
files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright. moodeOS comes with
absolutely no warranties expressed or implied, or any
other guarantees. Moode Audio Player is covered under
separate license agreement contained in the file
/var/www/LICENSE.moode and displayed in Moode About.

Hi,

Info on ssh login is in moOde Setup Guide.

-Tim

Good! Thanks, Tim. Another 'feature' I'd selfishly ask you to consider is the ability to add multiple wifi connections/passwords. I take Moode to different locations with different wifi and, with The Pi Zero W, always forget to change the wifi passwords before leaving the last location.....

Derek

Hi Derek,

Interesting idea.

I think if it were possible to automatically scan for and then connect to a WiFi network on the list, this would be a really useful feature. Otherwise just having a stored list of WiFi networks won't do any good if you forget to change to the target network.

Or maybe its useful to just have a stored list to pick from ??

-Tim

Hello,

- Mixer name is "Master"

Hi,

I'll have a look at the code again, and also run a few more tests to see if I can repro this.

Another troubleshooting avenue to try is the same command that is used by MPD config screen to set ALSA volume and see if there are any issues.

1) Install Standard kernel.
2) Reboot
3) ssh pi@moode (pwd = moodeaudio)

- Ensure nothing is playing!

4) /var/www/command/util.sh set-alsavol "Master" "100%"

5) ./piano.sh

- All volumes should be at 100%

-Tim

I've now done a complete power down and left the power disconnected for 5 mins and fired back up again and can't re-create this issue. It seems that something wasn't being applied properly, but all sorted now :)

Now I just need to sort out the annoying dropouts with 44.1k flac and I'll be a very happy man (this seems to be an RPi issue though)

Thanks for your help

Si

Hi,

What kind of audio glitch issues are you experiencing with 16/44 FLAC?

-Tim

Hi,

I'll have a look at the code again, and also run a few more tests to see if I can repro this.

Another troubleshooting avenue to try is the same command that is used by MPD config screen to set ALSA volume and see if there are any issues.

1) Install Standard kernel.
2) Reboot
3) ssh pi@moode (pwd = moodeaudio)

- Ensure nothing is playing!

4) /var/www/command/util.sh set-alsavol "Master" "100%"

5) ./piano.sh

- All volumes should be at 100%

-Tim

Yes, they are at 100%

pi@moode:~ $ /var/www/command/util.sh set-alsavol "Master" "100%"

Hi,

What kind of audio glitch issues are you experiencing with 16/44 FLAC?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

The track time is still counting down in the playback tab, but both channels cut out for a few seconds at a time. This always rectifies itself, and only seems to happen with 16/44 tracks (24/96 and 24/192 are fine). It happens several times an album and occasionally several times a track. I get the same issue with either Kali/Piano 2.1 or Hifiberry DAC+Pro HAT's. Interestingly, the Kali LED's suggest that no data is being received from the RPi (FIFO status shows empty). I'm thinking this may be an RPi issue and have ordered another unit to try and troubleshoot.

Cheers

Si

Hi Si,

Keep in mind the hardware issue with 1st gen DAC+Pro whereby its oscillators emit RF that kills WiFi signal. https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/1588

Are the glitches present when just using Piano 2.1 (no Kali) ?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I wasn't aware of that, but I'm using Ethernet (over Powerline adapters) so that shouldn't be an issue. The DAC+Pro is less than a month old so I'm not sure what gen that'll be without checking.

I'll give it a try without the Kali

Cheers

Si

Hi Si,

If still getting glitches with just Piano then I'd suspect the Powerline Eth network.

Easiest way to trouble this is to connect Pi directly to Router via Ethernet cable and take the Powerline network out of the picture.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Well that Hifiberry thread was an interesting read.. We do use WIFI in the house (albeit it is disabled on the RPi), both 2.4 and 5Ghz so something else to have a play around with re: frequency/channels. I may have to copy some flac files to the microSD card in the RPi for testing purposes (as someone previously suggested) as getting Ethernet from the router to RPi will be a pain.

New RPi should have arrived today too so I'll get that swapped out and report back on my findings.

Cheers

Si

Yes, they are at 100%

pi@moode:~ $ /var/www/command/util.sh set-alsavol "Master" "100%"

Hi,

When the issue occurs again and before doing anything else, email me the output from System info. It might provide an indication of what might be going on.

-Tim

[Teac UD503]

Hi,
I'm new here, fresh from the boat ;)

Just bought Moode licence, started my RPI1 B usb connected to my TEAC UD503.
Unfortunately, I'm not able to get sound.
In the Audio Configuration page I tried to select a DAC with the almost same chip (AKM4XXX) with no success.

I'm a bit disapointed as in Runeaudio the Teac UD503 was automatically recognized.
Any advise ?

Thanks