Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

*THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS WILL LIKELY FUBAR YOUR INSTALLATION, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK*

LTF

Thanks for your insight. I tried simply moving my Python script to a different directory, /home/pi/www/command, and modifying the systemd unit file to point to that location. The service loads, but it will not start, not exactly sure why, so no luck there.

Cheers, Bryce.

Hi Tim,

I just bought a moode 3.5 key and I am currently installing it on a Pi Zero W. May I have oe request: do you plan to eventually offer Moode translations (in particular French...) as Volumio does ? For the time being I do not get lags as what I got with Volumio... It is a very good point ! However it is always a bit difficult to adjust the volume using the Moode interface (there, the adjustment seems to be a bit sluggish), but it is maybe to the low computing power from the Pi Zero W...

Thank you for your support !

Hi,

Having international language support would be nice but implementing it is beyond my experience. I would need someone to guide me on the coding framework that would enable this.

-Tim

Obviously it's difficult to diagnose without knowing what you have done, but after modifying the unit file did you run a global reload

Code:
systemctl daemon-reload

and or reload the specific service with systemctl?

https://www.digitalocean.com/commun...ystemctl-to-manage-systemd-services-and-units

Is a good reference page

LTF

Thanks for your insight. I tried simply moving my Python script to a different directory, /home/pi/www/command, and modifying the systemd unit file to point to that location. The service loads, but it will not start, not exactly sure why, so no luck there.

Cheers, Bryce.

Obviously it's difficult to diagnose without knowing what you have done, but after modifying the unit file did you run a global reload

LTF

I rebooted after making the changes. That had worked fine on version 3.1. I also tried daemon-reload as you suggested, but the results were the same.

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo systemctl status hw_pause_play
● hw_pause_play.service - Moode Audio Pause/Play
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/hw_pause_play.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Sat 2017-04-15 12:56:27 PDT; 34min ago
 Main PID: 1523 (code=exited, status=127)

Apr 15 12:56:26 moode systemd[1]: Unit hw_pause_play.service entered failed state.
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: hw_pause_play.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: Stopping Moode Audio Pause/Play...
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: Starting Moode Audio Pause/Play...
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: hw_pause_play.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: Failed to start Moode Audio Pause/Play.
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: Unit hw_pause_play.service entered failed state.

Cheers, Bryce.

Thanks Tim!

Upgraded to 3.5 and it's looking good.No problems with kali/piano combo - beautiful sound. However I'm still getting the annoying clicks between songs with my main system (rpi3 + kali + dual ak4495 with ian fifo i2s overlay).. It seems that it happens when the fifo gets out of sync between tracks. Any ideas? Someone swiched to squeezelite but I'd like to stay with mpd.

Thanks and regards,

Tommi

I'm not sure how much help this will be but systemd's service files (in raspbian) should be located in

/lib/systemd/system/hw_pause_play.service

And not

/usr/lib/systemd/system/hw_pause_play.service

Hope this is some help

LTF

I rebooted after making the changes. That had worked fine on version 3.1. I also tried daemon-reload as you suggested, but the results were the same.

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo systemctl status hw_pause_play
● hw_pause_play.service - Moode Audio Pause/Play
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/hw_pause_play.service; enabled)
   Active: failed (Result: start-limit) since Sat 2017-04-15 12:56:27 PDT; 34min ago
 Main PID: 1523 (code=exited, status=127)

Apr 15 12:56:26 moode systemd[1]: Unit hw_pause_play.service entered failed state.
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: hw_pause_play.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: Stopping Moode Audio Pause/Play...
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: Starting Moode Audio Pause/Play...
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: hw_pause_play.service start request repeated too quickly, refusing to start.
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: Failed to start Moode Audio Pause/Play.
Apr 15 12:56:27 moode systemd[1]: Unit hw_pause_play.service entered failed state.

Cheers, Bryce.

Thanks LTF.

That does make more sense. I was following someone else's instructions and that is where the usr/lib came from. I made the change, disabled and then enabled the service, did a daemon-reload but it still fails to start. Exactly the same messages as before. I am obviously missing something but not sure what it is.

Cheers, Bryce.

Hello Tim,

No luck getting 3.5 to work with Pi3 and Boss on this end...there is no option for the Allo Boss DAC? Selecting Allo Piano does not work. Tried all three kernels (RT, LL, and standard). What am I missing?

Hi,

If you know a little Linux ssh then try the cmd below. its a workaround until I can get an in-place update packaged up. Note that the Boss driver only works in the Adv kernels.

sudo sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "update cfg_audiodev set kernel='' where id='1’"

-Tim

What's the output of:

Code:
cat /lib/systemd/system/hw_pause_play.service

LTF

Thanks LTF.

That does make more sense. I was following someone else's instructions and that is where the usr/lib came from. I made the change, disabled and then enabled the service, did a daemon-reload but it still fails to start. Exactly the same messages as before. I am obviously missing something but not sure what it is.

Cheers, Bryce.

It seems that updating the System Configuration / General / Browser title does not work in 3.5.

I changed the text, clicked on SET and then rebooted the RPi. Browser title stays as MoOde Player. I tried this a couple of time in both Chrome and Edge.

Hi Bryce,

I'm able to repro this. Its a data bug. The stored value in the sql table has two spaces between the words while the actual <title> value has only one space. Its almost impossible to notice that there are two spaces between the word when the stored value is displayed on System config.

Here is how to fix it.

1) Change MoOde Player to MoOde2 Player (make sure there is only a single space between the two words.

2) Change MoOde2 Player back to MoOde Player

Sometimes it takes a bit before a Browser refresh reveals to updated title.

-Tim