Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

Just purchased.....

Thanks Tim

Just downloaded 3.5 and received zip key by mail. The download system seems to be working well and is quite speedy.

Now just about to upgrade a pi or two. Just one query - is the advanced kernel limited to armv61, or is it now supported on Pi-0 W as well?

Thanks again for all you hard work! Regards Adrian

It is possible to switch on the fly from cabled network (just to transfer files form pc to and from usb disks connected at raspy) to WiFi?
Usb and cabled net shares the same bus on raspberry, so i use WiFi to control it, cabled is the best for transfer's works speed.
The problem is that i switched from wifi to cable and now switching back it's not possible to connect to wifi again.
Both wifi and cabled are in static ip... with differents address

Another question.. is it possible to add a song to an existing playlist?
I founded only the way to add a song to a new one... but maybe it's my fault.

Thanks for your great work Tim... and to all the community for the great level of this forum's thread!!!

Hi,

I think the cmds below might do the trick.

ifdown eth0
ifup eth0

-Tim

This is not a feature request, at least from me, but I thought there might be a way to merge two channels to one in Moode, perhaps changing the MPD configuration or something similar. Any suggestions?

I'm working on an amplifier and want to test one channel, but still hear all the music in the two original tracks through only one speaker. I can do it track by track in Audacity, but it would be nicer if the player could do it with a config file edit and reboot.

Thanks,

Skip

Hi Skip,

- Turn on MPD resampling. Doesn't matter what rate you select.
- Edit /etc/mpd.conf
- Change the resampling format to below

audio_output_format "*:*:1"

This should produce mono output.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I just bought a moode 3.5 key and I am currently installing it on a Pi Zero W. May I have oe request: do you plan to eventually offer Moode translations (in particular French...) as Volumio does ? For the time being I do not get lags as what I got with Volumio... It is a very good point ! However it is always a bit difficult to adjust the volume using the Moode interface (there, the adjustment seems to be a bit sluggish), but it is maybe to the low computing power from the Pi Zero W...

Thank you for your support !

/var/www/command directory

Hi Tim,

Downloaded 3.5, installed and everything is working great. I wanted to install the small mod that allows the button on the rotary encoder to toggle Play/Pause, but I got stuck trying to copy the Python script to the /var/www/command directory. I get the following message:

Code:
cp: cannot create regular file ‘./hw_pause_play.py’: Read-only file system

ls -l gives the following:

Code:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   258 Apr 12 15:55 command

I am assuming that this is something you have intentionally changed in 3.5. What is the best way to work around this? I am not that familiar with Linux and I don't want to mess anything up.

Of course the nicest thing would be to have this added as an enhancement to the rotary encoder support. :)

Cheers, Bryce.

Hi,

If you have not received a Product Key, email tim at moodeaudio dot org and include the PayPal transaction id associated with the payment so I can look it up.

-Tim
I received it, thank you.
Airport with the Amanero USB receiver works like a charm now!!!!
Great!
By the way... Are there any relevant adjustments (like Kernel, mpd scheduler or cpu governor) for usb sound transmission or are those for I2s DACs only...
Best Tobias

*THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS WILL LIKELY FUBAR YOUR INSTALLATION, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK*

Just playing about with some stuff myself, (upgrading "nginx-common" which throws a tantrum if it cannot write to /var/www/)

A bit of digging and it looks like the contents of /var/www/ are mounted from a squashfs image at /var/local/moode.sqsh

Squashfs is read only, theoretically you could copy the contents or /var/www/ (or use the unsquashfs command on the image) to a temporary location, make your amendments and then use the mksquashfs command to rebuild the squashfs image... however I sadly can't give any guidance on this as I've never played with squashfs before, however a total hack which would probably ruin the ability to use the update feature would be to

Code:
sudo su 
mkdir /home/pi/www/
cp -aRv /var/www/. /home/pi/www/
nano /etc/fstab

> comment out the line I show below below, by typing # before it

Code:
umount -f /var/www/
cp -aRv /home/pi/www/. /var/www/
rm -Rf /home/pi/www/*
reboot

This will copy the contents of the uncompressed squashfs image to a temporary location, unmount the squashfs image, permanently stop it mounting at boot and copy the temporary files back to /var/www/ after a reboot you should be able to edit /var/www/

** PLEASE NOTE the above commands are likely to result in problems further down the line and should be considered an experimental approach, it is absolutely breaking how Tim Has designed the image so only do this if you are happy restoring the image from scratch which is.

Incidentally, if you do wish to revert this, you'll need to remove the static files before

Code:
sudo su
rm -Rf /var/www/*

..you uncommont the previously commented out line in /etc/fstab

----
LINE FROM /etc/fstab

Code:
/var/local/moode.sqsh   /var/www        squashfs        ro,defaults     0       0

----

LTF

Hi Tim,

Downloaded 3.5, installed and everything is working great. I wanted to install the small mod that allows the button on the rotary encoder to toggle Play/Pause, but I got stuck trying to copy the Python script to the /var/www/command directory. I get the following message:

Code:
cp: cannot create regular file ‘./hw_pause_play.py’: Read-only file system

ls -l gives the following:

Code:
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   258 Apr 12 15:55 command

I am assuming that this is something you have intentionally changed in 3.5. What is the best way to work around this? I am not that familiar with Linux and I don't want to mess anything up.

Of course the nicest thing would be to have this added as an enhancement to the rotary encoder support. :)

Cheers, Bryce.