Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

You realise the 'auto shuffle' feature is not the same as the shuffle playback icon, which shuffles what is currently on the playlist?

You select auto shuffle via the config.
Yes, tried it with an empty playlist, and it works.
Interface is responsive again.
What I would like is to be able, when I hear a great track, to open the menu, and add the complete album to the playlist.

Hi all
I've been using Moode/Runeaudio and (rarely) Volumio for some years now and love the system, audio quality and enthusiasm of the community Tx !

There is however one feature that I would really like, and that is to rewind live radio so that I can go back to things I miss
At the moment I have to use an iPod using Tunein and Airplay to Moode to get that functionality (a half hour buffer of the station I'm currently on)

surely this is not too challenging for you guys !

Lx

Hi all
I've been using Moode/Runeaudio and (rarely) Volumio for some years now and love the system, audio quality and enthusiasm of the community Tx !

There is however one feature that I would really like, and that is to rewind live radio so that I can go back to things I miss
At the moment I have to use an iPod using Tunein and Airplay to Moode to get that functionality (a half hour buffer of the station I'm currently on)

surely this is not too challenging for you guys !

Lx

A second Pi, Airplay, and Rotter ?
https://github.com/njh/rotter
https://www.aelius.com/njh/rotter/
https://github.com/njh/rotter/issues/32

Hi there!

First of all, thank you for this great peace of software. I am using moodeaudio now for two years at home.

Now I want to do something, more special and I need some help:
I have a private workshop here which is also used by some of my friends.
I installed moodeaudio here, too - giving access bay the acces point feature and have a ethernet connection to my private lan.

Works quite nice so far: music can be streamed from my private NAS and access to moode by AP is limited to that.

But one problem exists:
Everybody who can access the AP can edit all moode settings or edit/delete my shares or radio stations.

Is it possible to restrict these settings? Or can I edit some config files so that these settings aren't shown anymore?

And a second wish:
The access is not very easy:
Everybode who wants to use my music system must connect to the AP and then enter the moode.local URL.

would it be possible to add this address similar to the landing pages which are common in hotel WLANs?

Thank you,
Vogi

Hi Vogi, did you see this? http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pc-based/271811-moode-audio-player-raspberry-pi-694.html#post5046487

It's an easy change to test whether it gives you what you want.

Hi Dhawal,

What are "lock-screen controls"?

Umm, lock-screen controls on android (maybe IOS as well) is the ability to pause/resume, skip next (or forward) for audio / video while your android device (phone / tablet) is locked. Most native apps provide this ability, I was wondering if the Chrome Webapp for Moode can work similarly.

I think some users have managed to install a local Browser and some x11 video libraries which would allow running Moode UI locally and have it display over HDMI port, but this is not something I plan to integrate.

-Tim

I'll skip it then, it sounds exhausting to maintain and a huge drain on the limited resources on the PiZero.

Thanks,
- Dhawal

Hello, lock screen controls are available on Bubbleupnp (UPNP/DLNA controller) and MALP (a MPD client GUI for android).

Thanks for your response. I was trying to steer clear off native apps but I've installed MALP on the phone and first impressions are wonderful. It seems to have all the right functionality, bare minimum permissions and appears lightweight.

No real reason for you to be running a DAC unless you plan on disconnecting the HDMI lead and not using the AVR.

HDMI ports are a premium for me and I've all analog-in ports free on the Denon. What would be a recommended DAC for the PiZero?

Thanks again,
- Dhawal

Sorry for the misinformation Tim,

It appears there was a GPU firmware update, they bumped the Kernel PACKAGE version which triggered amongst other update a kernel update, however the packaged kernel was infact 4.4.50 from Feb.. Apologies

( https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176332&p=1145710

LTF

Hi,

4.4.50 been out for quite a while now, not just today. It was the last of the rpi 4.4 branch prior to kernel devs bumping to rpi 4.9 branch.

Latest Raspbian release 2017-03-02 is using 4.4.50 and at some point when the dust settles, there will be a Raspbian release on top of 4.9 :)

-Tim

Rewind live radio

That look a bit OTT for what I want - I was thinking more on the lines of increasing a buffer of the audio stream so that the Pi stores a rolling half an hour of the transmission - I don't need or want to keep the whole recording

I don't know how difficult this would be or if it is even possible - it is just a request for a feature I use all the time

That look a bit OTT for what I want - I was thinking more on the lines of increasing a buffer of the audio stream so that the Pi stores a rolling half an hour of the transmission - I don't need or want to keep the whole recording

I don't know how difficult this would be or if it is even possible - it is just a request for a feature I use all the time
I'd love a 'record off off the radio' feature. Just like my old 1970s radio-cassette recorder used to do.

Phil

I'd love a 'record off off the radio' feature. Just like my old 1970s radio-cassette recorder used to do.

Phil

Have a look at streamripper. I am currently using this package on a Synology NAS to record a number of Internet radio streams in the middle of the night. I have it running as a scheduled job embedded in a script and it records 4 hours worth of audio on each of the streams.

It would probably require some integration with the Moode web interface, but could do the job you describe.

MPD in Moode 3.1 is compiled with the recorder option. Maybe someone wants to experiment with it.

First off I would like to say what a wonderful package you have put together, Tim. I currently have MoOde running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a HiFiBerry DAC+ that I am using for both playback and a DLNA server with an attached 1TB portable, external harddrive. I also have just configured a Raspberry Pi Zero W with a JustBoom pHAT AMP Zero.

I took a little more work to get the Pi Zero to work. I forturnately had a USB Ethernet adapter connected using an USB OTG cable that was compatible with the OS. I then did the kernel 4.4.50 upgrade using:

sudo rpi-update 52241088c1da59a359110d39c1875cda56496764

This enabled the on-board WiFi and I was able to complete the rest of the configuration using AP mode.

I have been experimenting with the MPD 'recorder' option in the the mpd.conf file, but every time I add the following configuraiton, mpd crashes:

Code:
#
# An example of a recorder output:
#
audio_output {
type "recorder"
name "My recorder"
encoder "lame"
path "/var/lib/mpd/mpd.mp3"
format "44100:16:1"
}
#
mpd crashes when I switch from the Playback web page to the Browse web page. A fatal error is generated and can be retrieved through the command:

Code:
sudo service mpd status
The fatal error is:

Code:
fatal_error: line 62: neither bitrate nor quality defined
I then changed mpd.conf to:
Code:
#
#
audio_output {
type "recorder"
name "My recorder"
encoder "lame" # optional, vorbis or lame
bitrate "192" # do not define if quality is defined
}
This seems to work. I can enable and disable output to recorder using ncmpc and the Outputs display.

I took the configuration information from:

https://github.com/sol/mpd/blob/master/doc/mpdconf.example

This experiment shows that on-the-fly recording can work.

Thanks for your response. I was trying to steer clear off native apps but I've installed MALP on the phone and first impressions are wonderful. It seems to have all the right functionality, bare minimum permissions and appears lightweight.

HDMI ports are a premium for me and I've all analog-in ports free on the Denon. What would be a recommended DAC for the PiZero?

Thanks again,
- Dhawal

Pi-DACZero I2S audiophile sound card for Raspberry Pi Zero

The price you will pay will be 20% less, as you don't pay U.K. VAT

First off I would like to say what a wonderful package you have put together, Tim. I currently have MoOde running on a Raspberry Pi 3 with a HiFiBerry DAC+ that I am using for both playback and a DLNA server with an attached 1TB portable, external harddrive. I also have just configured a Raspberry Pi Zero W with a JustBoom pHAT AMP Zero.

I took a little more work to get the Pi Zero to work. I forturnately had a USB Ethernet adapter connected using an USB OTG cable that was compatible with the OS. I then did the kernel 4.4.50 upgrade using:

sudo rpi-update 52241088c1da59a359110d39c1875cda56496764

This enabled the on-board WiFi and I was able to complete the rest of the configuration using AP mode.

I have been experimenting with the MPD 'recorder' option in the the mpd.conf file, but every time I add the following configuraiton, mpd crashes:

Code:
#
#
audio_output {
type "recorder"
name "My recorder"
encoder "lame"
}
#
mpd crashes when I switch from the Playback web page to the Browse web page. A fatal error is generated and can be retrieved through the command:

Code:
sudo service mpd status
The fatal error is:

Code:
fatal_error: line 62: neither bitrate nor quality defined
I then changed mpd.conf to:
Code:
#
#
audio_output {
type "recorder"
name "My recorder"
encoder "lame" # optional, vorbis or lame
bitrate "192" # do not define if quality is defined
}
This seems to work. I can enable and disable output to recorder using ncmpc and the Outputs display.

I took the configuration information from:

https://github.com/sol/mpd/blob/master/doc/mpdconf.example

This experiment shows that on-the-fly recording can work.

Hi,

I've actually had "recorder" on my TODO list for a really long time but never got to it.

After I get Moode 3.5 out the door I was planning to focus mostly on collection management and some nice enhancements to the Library panel but I could also work on putting together a nice recording feature.

-Tim