Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

updater bug?

shouldn't the updater refresh the moode-version in the about menu of the UI?

mine is 2.6, I installed the updater script via ssh, ran it, all good and updated to 2016-06-27, except that if I go in the menu-about, it still shows:

Release: 2.6 2016-06-07

also the /var/log/moode.log is showing the old version: 2.6 2016-06-07

But it's actually updated, because I see the new radio station, the update menu in the UI etc

- how one can check what version is running after the updater? is that a bug? :confused:

shouldn't the updater refresh the moode-version in the about menu of the UI?

mine is 2.6, I installed the updater script via ssh, ran it, all good and updated to 2016-06-27, except that if I go in the menu-about, it still shows:

Release: 2.6 2016-06-07

also the /var/log/moode.log is showing the old version: 2.6 2016-06-07

But it's actually updated, because I see the new radio station, the update menu in the UI etc

- how one can check what version is running after the updater? is that a bug? :confused:

Hi,

Good catch. Not a bug per se but a feature deficiency. Just growing pains for the new Updater. I'll add an indicator to next update or to Moode 2.7 final release. It will be something like below.

ABOUT
Release: 2.6 2016-06-07 release notes
Update: 2016-06-27

MLOG
20160628 004715 worker: Rel (Moode 2.6 2016-06-07)
20160628 004715 worker: Upd (2016-06-27)

Currently you can verify the update by cat /var/www/update-r26.txt file.

-Tim

Hi Tim
Oh yes - sorry.
The issues is that it doesnt appear in the MPD config as an option. I can only choose "onboard audio device".

I have only superficial knowledge of the internals of Moode Player, but it's based on Linux and Linux has standard ways to deal with USB.

What do you get on your RPi (with the device plugged in, of course) if you enter the command line prompt

Code:
$ lsusb

This should give you a short list of all detected USB devices.

On an RPi3B with a cheap, noname USB audio device attached, for example, I get

Code:
$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0d8c:013c C-Media Electronics, Inc. CM108 Audio Controller
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. 
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Obviously, Bus 001 Device 004 is what I'm looking for. I can then use the verbose form of the lsusb command to query just this device.

Code:
$ sudo lsusb -v -s 001:004

For my device, this spews out 266 lines (!) but sprinkled among them are lots of mentions of audio. I would look especially for sets of InterfaceDescriptors containing the values
Code:
bInterfaceClass         1 Audio
bInterfaceSubClass      2 Streaming

If you can't find values like these, then I can't imagine how Moode Player will know it can use this device.

You might also compare the results for this board and for the Amenero USB Audio board which you have working.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent
Thanks for reply.

When I lsusb with Amanero I get 4 devices - and 004 is clearly Amanero according to 'sudo lsusb -s -v 001:004' (and it is playing).
When I lsusb with the X-1 I get only 3 devices....and of course no music etc. But there is lit led in "power on"

My win10 recognize+play with the Singxer driver - same cable etc.

The best
Baek

Hi Kent
Thanks for reply.

When I lsusb with Amanero I get 4 devices - and 004 is clearly Amanero according to 'sudo lsusb -s -v 001:004' (and it is playing).
When I lsusb with the X-1 I get only 3 devices....and of course no music etc. But there is lit led in "power on"

My win10 recognize+play with the Singxer driver - same cable etc.

The best
Baek

Hej, Baek.

It's no consolation to you, I know, but I was expecting this.

The X-1 device is not conforming to the USB "rules". That custom Singxer driver must be doing something special to work around this, to detect the presence of the X-1 and to control it with proprietary commands. It's a WinTel (Windows/Intel) driver so not much use here.

I'm not the one to make the final judgment here, but I suspect you are out of luck with any Linux-based player. (I'll learn something and you'll be happy if someone else proves me wrong!)

MH,
Kent

DLNA server not working since upgrade to Moode 2.6

Hello All,

I recently upgraded to Moode 2.6 (from 2.5) and, in doing so, I seem to have 'lost' the DLNA server functionality I had with 2.5. The hardware is unchanged and the music is stored on a USB memory stick (exFAT formatted) which is also unchanged from the Moode 2.5 setup. For some reason, since the change to 2.6, MiniDLNA seems to be ignoring (or unable to read from) the USB stick as that device no longer appears in the DLNA media library. The rest of the Moode functionality (e.g. playing music locally from the USB stick) seems to work fine.

I've dug about a bit in the config files and nothing seems out of order and the permissions on the USB directories all seem OK so I'm struggling a bit to understand what's changed since 2.5.

Is anyone else having similar problems or is it just me?

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,

Aid

Hello All,

I recently upgraded to Moode 2.6 (from 2.5) and, in doing so, I seem to have 'lost' the DLNA server functionality I had with 2.5. The hardware is unchanged and the music is stored on a USB memory stick (exFAT formatted) which is also unchanged from the Moode 2.5 setup. For some reason, since the change to 2.6, MiniDLNA seems to be ignoring (or unable to read from) the USB stick as that device no longer appears in the DLNA media library. The rest of the Moode functionality (e.g. playing music locally from the USB stick) seems to work fine.

I've dug about a bit in the config files and nothing seems out of order and the permissions on the USB directories all seem OK so I'm struggling a bit to understand what's changed since 2.5.

Is anyone else having similar problems or is it just me?

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thanks,

Aid

Hi,

On System config page, when you click "View status of database update" does it show correct number for "Audio files"?

-Tim

Hi Tim, Hi All!

I have a principal question:

How can I play Spotify or Tidal via MOODE?

I use a router for internet-connection and Moode-controlling by phone or PC.

I've Spotify installed on my PC and usually I listen to it through this device.

Would I be able to listen to Spotify also over my Moode-Player -Installation that

is connected to phone or PC via WLAN over the router?

Thanx, Robert

Hi,

On System config page, when you click "View status of database update" does it show correct number for "Audio files"?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the really quick reply.

The minidlna database update status only shows 1 audio file (should be around 4,000). That one file corresponds to the 'Stereo test' file on the SD card, which I assume was part of the original installation package.

As I said in my previous post, it's as though minidlna is either ignoring the USB stick or can't read it for some reason. I thought it might be a permissions problem but I've checked this and it looks as though the USB can be read by any user.

All the best,

Aid

Hi Tim, Hi All!

I have a principal question:

How can I play Spotify or Tidal via MOODE?

I use a router for internet-connection and Moode-controlling by phone or PC.

I've Spotify installed on my PC and usually I listen to it through this device.

Would I be able to listen to Spotify also over my Moode-Player -Installation that

is connected to phone or PC via WLAN over the router?

Thanx, Robert

Hi Robert,

Music services can be played through Moode using Airplay. If u are using Windows PC then you will need Airfoil app. If u are on Mac then Airplay is built into the OS.

Turn on Airplay receiver in Moode System config.

Regards,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the really quick reply.

The minidlna database update status only shows 1 audio file (should be around 4,000). That one file corresponds to the 'Stereo test' file on the SD card, which I assume was part of the original installation package.

As I said in my previous post, it's as though minidlna is either ignoring the USB stick or can't read it for some reason. I thought it might be a permissions problem but I've checked this and it looks as though the USB can be read by any user.

All the best,

Aid

Hi,

Very odd. One of my systems has an ExFAT SSD connected and no issues with DLNA server indexing all the files. To troubleshoot I would start by turning on logging for miniDLNA and then examine the log for errors. Also examine syslog.

1) Moode System config, turn DLNA server OFF

2) Enable miniDLNA log
sudo nano /etc/minidlna.conf

3) Clear system logs
sudo /var/www/command/util.sh clear-syslogs

4) Reboot

5) Moode System config, turn DLNA server ON

6) Examine miniDLNA log
cat /var/log/minidlna.log

7) Examine syslog
cat /var/log/syslog

Regards,
Tim

Hi Robert,

Music services can be played through Moode using Airplay. If u are using Windows PC then you will need Airfoil app. If u are on Mac then Airplay is built into the OS.

Turn on Airplay receiver in Moode System config.

Regards,
Tim

Should also have a look at Tuneblade, it's a lot cheaper then Airfoil. I think it should work for free using moode.

TuneBlade | Stream Windows Audio over AirPlay

Should also have a look at Tuneblade, it's a lot cheaper then Airfoil. I think it should work for free using moode.

TuneBlade | Stream Windows Audio over AirPlay

Thanx Tim and kit1cat!

Both Airfoil and Tuneblade worked with Moode and Tidal.
But- the sound is very bad- especially if one imagines, that I have chosen lossless hifi-standard in Tidal;-) That's no alternative at all.

Playing from usb-stick or hdd/ssd directly is the holy grail!

Airplay with that sound quality really makes no sense

Greetingz, Robert

Super nitpicky suggestion: to turn off ("Power Off") the device, one has to select Restart in the system menu, which to me infers a reboot.

I would suggest changing the word Restart to Power, which can be either a Reboot or a Power Off.

Otherwise, 2.6 is working great!

"Quit" and/or "Shutdown" appear on the like button on some of my Linux boxes, It leads to choices "Suspend", "Hibernate", "Restart", "Cancel", and "Shutdown" on the Linux Mint box I'm tying from.

On the subject of nitpickiness, the RPi doesn't actually power off, Maybe "Shutdown" is more appropriate than "Power Off" but I'll keep using Moode Player no matter Tim's choice of name.

I spent 30 years participating on various national and international standards committees. You can't imagine how many meetings and ballots were consumed in semantic battles. Sometimes a battle ended only because the major proponent on one side died and the other side won because everyone else was exhausted.

Regards,
Kent

Thanx Tim and kit1cat!

But- the sound is very bad- especially if one imagines, that I have chosen lossless hifi-standard in Tidal;-) That's no alternative at all.

Greetingz, Robert

Hi Robert,

Very odd. There are other Moode users playing Tidal via Airplay and no SQ issues. Airplay uses 16/44 lossless format providing the input stream is same, otherwise it resamples to 16/44.

Regards,
Tim

Thanx Tim and kit1cat!

Greetingz, Robert
Have you tried enabling the upnp feature and try Bubble or Bubbleds on an Android device? They both support Tidal, I have never tried this as I don't have an account do you are a guinea pig.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

pi browser

Hi, I make pi 2 as web browser. It boot to full screen mode and connect to moode.
Sorry for my English and I still learning Linux. It work well with my need.

I used latest Rasbian Jessie Lite installed with LXDE core and Chromium with asian font.
I have lcd tv placed behind my small music system and have a pi2 left.
The image size is 2GB, avialable space around 200MB.

Download jsl lxde chromium45 30062016 rar

image-8D17_5775C06F.jpg