Monaco RBT95

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Dissi,

Sorry to bother you again.

What I really meant in my question at top was whether the Monacor tweeter should be recessed into the baffle or simply screwed straight onto the baffle face without recessing into the baffle.

So, just to confirm, you're saying the Monacor should be recessed so that the face (the outside edges) of the tweeter should be flush with the surface of the baffle?

Thanks again.

Hi gassit,

I just noticed the face plate of the RBT-95 is chamfered to the left and to the right. Therefore my advise to flush-mount the driver is hardly doable.

The tweeter is used in the Monacor Cirrus and is surface-mounted. Not nice, but simple and obviously the only solution...

cirrus.jpg

Re; driver mounting. Generally it is good to keep bumps/edges and anything odd away from the face of the cabinet. I can recall reading many years that one manufacturer measured changes in the measured frequency of a tweeter caused by the heads of fixing screws...! Least that's what they said.
What part of Oz are you from btw?
Cheers, Jonathan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.