Modify Crown macrotech 2400 110v 60hz to 220v 50hz!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The 120 Volt 60 Hz version, sold in the United States,
is not voltage selectable. It does not have a voltage
selection board. This version is to be used only with
120 Volts and only with 60Hz.
All other versions of the Micro Tech 2400 use a voltage
selection board. The chart, in the manual, indicates
different configurations of jumpers for different voltages.
Note that the circuit breakers, fuse and
transmotor may need to be changed to accommodate
different voltages. Versions with the voltage selection
board may be used at 50 or 60 Hz.

Hello to everybody!I solved amplifier ,i replaced all power transistor and pilot transistor.i biased booth channels and now is working very fine.Now i use a 220v to 110v transformer.I bought one crown macrotech 2400 EU version and this week i want to make conversion.i have transformers,cooler and breakers for eu model..i will post pictures during conversion.:p:p

Attachments

• paint.png
    paint.png
    675 KB · Views: 503
Hello to everybody!I solved amplifier ,i replaced all power transistor and pilot transistor.i biased booth channels and now is working very fine.Now i use a 220v to 110v transformer.I bought one crown macrotech 2400 EU version and this week i want to make conversion.i have transformers,cooler and breakers for eu model..i will post pictures during conversion.:p:p

If your 110V amp using two separate power transformer for each channel, then you can wire both 110V transformers in series to form a 220V amp and no need to use an extra AC conversion transformer.

If your 110V amp using two separate power transformer for each channel, then you can wire both 110V transformers in series to form a 220V amp and no need to use an extra AC conversion transformer.

Please don't try this.
If you are only using one channel, its transformer will pull current and the other won't. The not running channel will then see more than its rated 110V
The same principle will apply if the channels are not running at the same power output

Brian

with this Crown ground topology i don t know if is oke to mount primary winding in series.And also cooler fan is for 110v.I bought this Crown EU version and i will mount both transformers ,breaker and cooling fan.i will attach picture here with all operations.Thank you.!

with this Crown ground topology i don t know if is oke to mount primary winding in series.And also cooler fan is for 110v.

Since this is a high power amp, the output load will be big different in different channel, so that the primary load of each power transformer will be different, so that it is "not suitable to connect the primary in series for 220V"

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
News flash!!! For at least 40 years Europe has 230V mains voltage. Tell it to anyone that wants to hear it!

Since it is almost always even higher one better starts using the 240V windings (if available) and certainly NOT the 220V.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.