Moderating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderation of an internet forum is a tough (and sometimes very tedious) job, so why not make it a bit easier for the mods?

Just take each other arguments seriously, try to follow the ideas behind the arguments and if in the end there is no progress in the discussion, just agree to disagree.

There is absolutely no need for a search of hidden motivations, signs of delusion or something else only used to disparage other participants in a discussion.

Wishes

Me? I'm just biding my time waiting for :santa: to show up...

Me too. Hopefully it will blow over.

Regarding my earlier Wal-Mart comment, hey, I go there every week for groceries. Best prices around. (Begin tongue-in-cheek comment) And I'll bet you can't tell the difference between their "Great Value" store brand corn flakes and Kellogg's corn flakes in a DBT. They cost half as much. (End tongue-in-cheek comment)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Jakob2,
Moderation of an internet forum is a tough (and sometimes very tedious) job, so why not make it a bit easier for the mods?
Thank you for that. However, it's not always a difficult job. We have a wonderful mix of members as people for the most part. Some I could do without, but that's normal in any group.

Hi forr,
Some people may have very good reasons to stay anonymous.
Absolutely true!
Some people would never be able to post or enjoy anything simply due to their position in the audio world. For these people, being anonymous is survival. This shouldn't matter to anyone though, they either post and get along with everyone, or they don't.

When I first joined, the application asked me for a screen name. Not being that group savvy, and having names similar to my own not available, I picked one that best described what I do. analog technician. Still, my real name is in my profile and I sign my messages with my real first name. No hiding. Many others probably did the same thing without any intention to disguise their true name.

Hi Andy,
Me too. Hopefully it will blow over.
Me three. :)
You're a respected, long time member. At least in my book.

If anyone does have a problem, please contact a moderator you feel comfortable with, or the entire team. Successful moderating is done in concert with our members. We may not always be able to satisfy someone, but at least we are made aware of issues and you will get an honest answer.

We do what we can.

It's up to all our members to make this a rewarding place to visit, we can't do it all. If any members are here simply to cause problems and get their jollies, you may find yourself with a permanent ban. Yes, our bans are permanent for the most part. We have a "time out" area, so a ban is exactly that, a ban.

There are a few people out there that have been skirting the rules. Guess what? Cumulative bad behavior will bring about a ban, not just a broken rule. So, if anyone wishes to play any games that way .... surprise!

Our moderating team has had it's hands full with various things as of late, but we are here to make this a better place for people who belong with good intentions. That's always been our mandate and it will continue. Please work with us to help you.

-Chris

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I ... have no intent other than to incite trouble like so many of the scientific crowd here like to do.

If that is why you are here, you will find yourself posting elsewhere. Purposeful inciting trouble will get you into more trouble. Please contribute or be quiet.

This kind of transgression is in the rules that got lost in the transition to the new forum.

You can consider this an "official" warning. :cop:

dave

If that is why you are here, you will find yourself posting elsewhere. Purposeful inciting trouble will get you into more trouble. Please contribute or be quiet.

This kind of transgression is in the rules that got lost in the transition to the new forum.

dave

This is hilarious! Dave, you are the Mod, but you are the one misquoting him! You completely changed the meaning of his sentence with the words you edited out. Too funny!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
This is hilarious! Dave, you are the Mod, but you are the one misquoting him! You completely changed the meaning of his sentence with the words you edited out. Too funny!

I read it no differently when i put them back:

I respond to posts that are directed at me and have no intent other than to incite trouble like so many of the scientific crowd here like to do.

and neither did the other mod that pointed out this post.

dave

Cal(m) always :rofl:

Darwin

A scientist actually published findings similar to Darwins just before he did, but was completely unnoticed
Darwin thought it was due time to publish that he knew that 30years before that
He used first half of his life to study and prove his theory
And he spent the last half of his life keeping it a secret
Because he knew how the society would react
It happened anyway
Man, the captain who transported Darwin around the world killed himself after Darwin published his findings
Thats how it was

But which of these seperate events would you respect most
Try figure it out, if possible

Some suggested reading.

Charles Darwin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, the Beagle had three captains. The first committed suicide before the first voyage began. The second committed suicide late in life after a long depression. The third died of natural causes.

Last edited:

dave

Dave,

Where did I write this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.