Mmats 3000.1 cutting off problem !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heys guys ....

I have a Mmats 3000.1 mono block amp(new version) that I got in for repair ,(cutting off or triping ) problem is it plays sound good at 10-20 amps off current but as soon as we increase the gain an the current reaches 30Amps the amp would trip off power light flashes ..an their's sound again , some times it holds out for a min an some times it cuts off sooner , all voltages checks out so far ,rail voltage is 79.89 volts an the caps are standard 80volts , I scoped the amplifier's output their does not seem to be any clipping ..... :scratch1: ... Has any one worked on this problem or this type off amp before , or have any clue's as to what might be causing this problem ?

Are you testing this in your vehicle or on a bench? Is it possible your supply voltage is dropping? or maybe vibration could be part of the problem? Have you tried twisting/moving the transformers (or other components) to see if you see any sparks? or can possibly make it happen. I have an older one and it was arcing to the board under the transformer. Everytime I cranked it, it would take out the PS.

Are you testing this in your vehicle or on a bench? Is it possible your supply voltage is dropping? or maybe vibration could be part of the problem? Have you tried twisting/moving the transformers (or other components) to see if you see any sparks? or can possibly make it happen. I have an older one and it was arcing to the board under the transformer. Every time I cranked it, it would take out the PS.

hey thanks for your reply ....I'm testing on the bench ....had the same problem in the car .....my power supply does 40 amps off current easy an has a variable control to adjust voltage from 12.5 volts to 14.4 volts ....
both the current meter an voltage meter reads 25 amps an 13.89 volts when it trips off an starts back again ....as the amp is on the bench ...sub is about 4 feet away on the ground (4 ohms load)...so i know for sure its not vibration .......have tried twisting\moving an knocking the transformers an other components , no sparks all soldering is intact ...an good to go an just to be sure i have already re-flowed the board .... an still it trips ... soon ill be testing individual power supplies ... just to see it one off them is failing ..(could it be the transformer shorting ?) :confused: i hope its not the irs21844s fet driver thats playing around .....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.