Mini Pearl

This is a version with SOT23 devices, LSK170B.

It was only when I pulled down the new datasheet for the P-MOS device that I discovered there was an SOT23 version of the SVP3310 -- suffix "F".

Attachments

• MiniPearl_SOT23.png
    MiniPearl_SOT23.png
    85.9 KB · Views: 495
very ncie,do you have kit for us?

In respect of Wayne, Nelson and PASSDIY's intellectual property will sell the boards at cost and post the Gerbers and BOM here. Wayne and Nelson have contributed so much to our enjoyment of sound I think that's fitting!

I want to validate it first, however.

Almost all the passive parts are 0805, save for some of the caps which SYN08 had recommended -- these are acrylic and a bit larger and more expensive.

Output stage works like a champ! +40dB on the nose. Comparing the SPICE models for the through hole and surface mount output MOS are identical.

The passive RIAA network -- will need careful selection of components as it's time consuming tweaking SMD. I might even go for through-hole components.

I used a 270 degree SMD trimpot, this will have to be changed out to a multi-turn trimpot.

NAC Semiconductor is now a distributor for LinearSystems. I've ordered some LSK389 which is SOIC8, and LSK170B in SOIC.

The footprint would be a bit larger, but perhaps 1206 instead of 0805 passive devices. I think Jan had mentioned that the 1206 have better thermal performance, not that we're gonna be cooking!

What kind of IDSS matching did you get between the LSK389 SOIC8 devices from NAC?

Last edited:
If memory serves correctly, the 170s which I got from the with the boards were within 1mA Idss. On the board I am playing with, the Idss are a bit tighter than this, Vgs fsior the

Of course, I have two boards in mind, one with the LSK389B and the other with the LSK710B. You can buy a tube of LSK170B if you like.

The point of the exercise is to use a board which minimizes mains pickup and retains the great qualities of the PASS design and put it in the public domain.

Very interesting project. I also thought about (only thought about it) the use of dual JFets in a Pearlesque design. Thanks Jack for actually doing something about it!

I'm enjoying my Pearl 2 very much, but really, I need another! So subscribed and looking forward to more fun.