Mini Pearl

@jackinnj
I appreciate that advice.
However, this spec isn't always (ever?) evident on the data sheets (or maybe I cannot read them well enough?) For instance, the Nichicon FG (which Walt Jung recently mentioned) data sheet:
https://www.partsconnexion.com/media/pdfs/Nichicon_fg.pdf

I couldn't find a spec for ESR on this sheet. Or... ?

Again some of us mostly just want to build something that works and not reinvent wheels or necessarily learn by failure.

One of the obvious and anticipated shortcomings of the Minnie is the max VDS of the new JFETs -- and the gate threshold voltage of the P-channel MOSFET. (Of course, I could always get the SOT23 LSK170's!).

The chart below demonstrates the headroom of the output stage when operating with 15V and 24V supplies. The X-Axis is output voltage.

Attachments

• MiniPearl_THD vs Supply Voltage.png
    MiniPearl_THD vs Supply Voltage.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 674
Sorry for interfering with your discussion. I recently bought an YR1035+ . This device is capable of measuring(has kelvin connected probes) ac impedance from under 1miliohm to above 200miliohm.
I use it to measure lithium cells impedance but for curiosity I measured some caps and the impedance was as per datasheet.
For 50€ I think it’s a very handy device to have near you.

PS. If you want to measure impedance under 2miliohm be sure that the device has the ZR function.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I know it's not quite up to the voltage rating as 2sk2145, but 2sk932 might also be a candidate, if they were in drawer - no? At least the transfer admittance for obtaining some gain in the first gain stage looks very fine to me.

Having struggled myself with having power supply and Pearl 2 full size boards in the same enclosure, I find your mini version with the smaller ground plane interesting.

Looking forward to your success with the design.

NAC Semiconductor is now a distributor for LinearSystems. I've ordered some LSK389 which is SOIC8, and LSK170B in SOIC.

The footprint would be a bit larger, but perhaps 1206 instead of 0805 passive devices. I think Jan had mentioned that the 1206 have better thermal performance, not that we're gonna be cooking!