Mid-dome directivity mismatch? (Vituixcad simulation)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@Arnandsway : The H-polars should be very wide given the driver size and XO points.

I have not used VituixCad but I can offer some things to try to isolate the cause. Have you tried driving the woofer then midrange each individually to see if you get the polar responses you expect. It should be 120-180deg (at mid driver height) given the driver size and XO points. I can't tell from the graphs because I don't know the conditions (heights, distance, etc).

Have you tried the FRD / ZMA data that Dayton supplies. They are usually pretty good with their data. The data from @HiFiCompass is also an excellent source, but it seems you needed additional step(s) to extract data from the curves.

The other place to ask is in VituixCAD where the S/W author (@Kimmosto) answers tool specific questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.