metal FR drivers that don't need a tweeter/correction circuit..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The new multiformed Alpairs, IMO, are far better then the older ones. The A6 has the least, but the 1st gen all suffered from a HF hash similar (but not as pronounced) to the JX92s. Some have no issue with this, i find it particularily objectionable. Like the CHRs treatment went a long way to taming it.

dave

This probably sums my feeling about the A6s I have. The detail is good for a tweeter, let alone a wide range driver, id say above about 10-12k they're sweet. Id also agree since cone weight is so miniscule on these drivers that they really are surprisingly flexible, so they walk a proverbial tightrope where the performance is influenced greatly by the production quality (which is good), and the fact that the cone materials really are near to the limits of their capability.

Despite this I suspect these drivers will age forever effectivly, and not just run in, and im sure this will loosen some of the 'bite'.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.