Memphis 16-MCH1300 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I removed Q15 and Q16 on the power supply driver board because i wasn't to confident in how the transistors were connected to the traces. After removing them R34 the smd resistor that I thought was out of tolerance checks good. Would it be a good idea to put a jumper wire on pin one of Q15 to where it connects to D12 and a jumper wire from pin 3 of Q15 to where it connects to R34. Do the same for pin one of Q16. Does pin two of Q15 and Q16 connect together?

Attachments

• d board.jpg
    d board.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 104
I have got the amp working by cutting off the lifted traces on the power supply driver board and running jumper wires from Q15 and Q16. Now I need to replace the IRF9640s in the class d part of the amp.

Perry do you have a link for the gate resistors for the 9640s from digikey or mouser

Also another noob mistake I didn't take note of the location for the IRF9640 and the IRFB31N20D in the class D section of this amp I know there was two of the IRFB31N20D and four of the IRF9640 on one side of the amp and the same on the other side making a total of four of the n20s and eight of the 9640s

The ones that read ~0 ohms between the 3rd leg of the transistor are the same part number. You know there are 8 9640s so when you find 8 connected, you know that they're the 9640s. The other 4 are the IRFB31N20Ds.

You'll have to start looking parts up for yourself unless you want repairs to take forever (waiting on someone else to look them up).

The 100K resistors here don't fail unless they're physically damaged. There simply isn't enough voltage in the amp to make them fail.

This has been a good read, though Im stuck on 1 part....

How did you get those metal clips off that are over the output transistors ?

my amp just decided to go into protect mode today, i had a short on the rear channel speaker, wich caused it to go into protect, fixed the short, but the amp kicked back into protect after a few seconds, and will not come out. seems like it wants to, as it clicks every couple seconds, and i get a voltage drain, but nothing.

anyway, I pulled the amp apart to have a look, nothing looks abnormal anywhere, no discoloration, no bad smell, and nothing is burnt up. I am just trying to test the output transistors, but cannot even get the clips off to get to the legs LOL.

any help guys ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.