• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Maya R2R Advanced Volume controller

Tibi, what are the buttons like that will be supplied with the controller? Are they separate, individual little boards or on one board with the data wheel thing?

Sorry for late replay. Forum notifications do not work as expected.

Buttons can be used together or separate.
Few MAYA pictures are available on my webpage.
vicol audio : MAYA - your ultimate volume-controller

Regards,
Tibi

VoICB board are ready. 4 input boards should arrive soon.

Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20160625_003.jpg
    20160625_003.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 465
It would be great to have the correct gain in the display.
I have made the max gain 6dB as default, but some people have expressed their wish to use another setting.
The only way to get around this would be to make the max gain to be programmable with the remote control, but I'm afraid this is quite a hassle.

Coming back to the method of volume change, I communicated with Tibi the way I did this in hardware in my own remote control.

Tibi mentioned that going from X to Y as xxxxxx / 000000 / yyyyyy will be available.
Since this works flawlessly for me , I would suggest you supply the Firmware for the BPBP with the same time delay between 3.5msec and 4.5msec, after the 000000 has been first offered to the PCF chip, to give all relays enough time to break.
So as an example, 011111 will first go to 000000 and ca. 4 msec later to 100000

Will this timing be possible?

Regards,
Hans

Hi Hans ,
then it will be like you want .
( X to Y as xxxxxx / 000000 / yyyyyy with 4ms delay after every set , for let the relay settle )
Any combination can be made if you know what to ask.
Best regards.

Short update.

Bad news ! Due a misunderstanding, first batch of boards have been produced from early Hans gerber files (version 1 and 4) . Therefore this is the first GB when I'm loosing money ...

Good news ! Hans provided me latest gerber files and now are in production.
There will be option to choose OLED display between blue and yellow. Only 10 yellow displays are available.
Because I'll have a large batch of VoICB ver.1 and ver.4, I think to sell full mounted few of them and put things back to profit.

Regards,
Tibi

What are the differences between versions of the VolCB?

The first edition was just for the BPBP with its two input channels.
The second edition included possible attachment of the 4 input channel extension board, but had to be connected by soldering wires to it.
The third and last edition also includes support for the 6 input GB and has a header for connecting a ribbon cable with plug.

This last edition of the VolCB supports remote control for all 3 possible options:
- 2 input BPBP
- 4 Input extension board
- 6 input extension board, to be used in combination with an interface board, directly connected to the 6 input GB board.

Hans

I got few yellow OLED displays. For comparison I have added few pictures. In reality colours are more vivid and eye candy. My phone is not able to capture entire gamut.
If anyone interested in yellow please drop me a pm or mail.

Thanks & Regards,
Tibi

Attachments

• 20160715_008.jpg
    20160715_008.jpg
    408.1 KB · Views: 433
  • 20160715_007.jpg
    20160715_007.jpg
    758.1 KB · Views: 429
  • 20160715_004.jpg
    20160715_004.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 410