marrantz diy dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi brent i would love to do some mods on my 67 but not sure were to start or what components i kneed,What i want is more detail which component change would give me the bigest upgrade for the price i cant realy afford a lot of money so it would have to be done in bits.What differance would changeing the oppamps give me

Over the original opamps the detail change would be pretty big. We always use LM4562 (LME49720) with some rubycon za caps on the power rails.

Simple upgrade and it will impress you. Once thats all in you can bypass the HDAM + muting section so the audio runs direct from opamps to the sockets. This allows you to hear the opamps properly.

As you go along there are lots of little tweaks you can do

Brent

Hi again mate i am not realy electronic minded but i can use a soldering iron so im gona give it a go.Were is best place to get oppamps from and do you just solder them in or use a dil sorry to be hard work but im new to this hifi moding.Just got an amp 6 it sounds really well but think the cd player is showing its limitations

The treble should be much more controlled rather than in your face. For most upgrades I use a good quality copper wire (poor silver can make treble harsh) like Kimber. So if you have some speaker wire thats thin enough to use try it even better would be a bit of interconnect wire , the wire here makes very little difference so don't worry too much about what to use.

Brent

No mate no silver wire i have a 41HZ AMP 6 MARANTZ CD 67 THROUGH SOME MISSION M70I SPEAKERS the phono lead conecting cd to amp is a realy stiff thick one looks good quality but dont know what make it is. It sounds ok when there not much going on in the music but when the the music gets busy it seems to get confused edgy IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN but the detail is brilliant with the 41hz amp i have had some amps over last 20 years NAIM MUSICAL FIDELITY . QUAD MARANTZ but this amp is the best i have had

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.